Camcorder, or digital camera? Updated 11/13!

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Just spent over 200.00 on film and developing, so definately time to look into either a camcorder or digital camera! Own 1 of the first sony handycam, but it's worn, has poor zoom, sound, no night vision, etc..... But interested in digital camera's if its easy to use! Very computer illiterate here, luck I can use the net! Any one with experience with a easy to use digital camera or a good camcorder suggestion will be greatly appreciated, thanks, MKY:)

I want to know too!

I'm leaning towards the Sony dsc75, because a friend has it, and I tend to trust her judgement.

Thank You zurg!!!!!! Didn't even know camera's were on deb's site! Thought I had eveything there memorized! MKY:)

Read the photo tips there too. Very good stuf.

I bought the sony mavica fd95 digital camera, and i love it. you can use a memory stick or you can use a 3.5 floppy disk and put it in your computer and click there are your pics. Also it will take short movies, about 1 minute. We also bought the sony handycam fm50 and it is also great. Both are very easy to use. We bought the handycam at sears, we found a really low price on internet, printed the add, and sears matched the price.

Happy hunting for your camera!

poohangel:jester:

Well after much contemplation, have bought a jvc mini-digital camcorder, that also takes digital pictures. Picked jvc for the low light factor, and stabilization assistance, and cause even thou sony has same features it was more reasonably priced. Now as zurg has said I must practice, with it cause its only 25 days till wdw! Thanks for all the help, MKY:)

we own a JVC camcorder/digital camera it is wonderful. if we can give any assistance let us know. We are leaving 2morrow night for WDW:bounce: :pinkbounc
:bounce: :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

I am not ready yet but I am ready for Disney. Look out Disney here comes all 16 of us!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey we are goping to want to see pictures when you get back don't forget us!

I researeched a ton this summer and finally settled ona Olympus 3040. I LOVE it! Very user friendly and great pics. One things with didital camereas over film ones- you know right then if the pic turned out. At a couple character meals, I had the luxury to retake the pics abecause someone blinked, etc. One thing though is to have a memory card with enough space. You will want to use a good pixel mode and that menas more space. I had a 128 mb card and got 200 quality pictures. Each night, I could look at the pics and delete the ones that didn't turn out. Could have gotton about 600 low quality pics on that much memory card. Kids had fun looking at pics on bus rides too!

Also, no matter what did cam you buy, use ofoto.com to maintain an "album" of your pics. ITS VERY USER FRIENDLY! You can email your albums to who you want ans also order hard copies for about 50 cents a piece- which I think is reasonable becase you know already teh picture turned out.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter