Camcorder owners...

iNTeNSeBLue98

DIS Veteran
Do you use your camcorder?

We used to have a big RCA camera that sat on the shoulder. We used it at Christmas mostly and special occasions.

After a few years we upgraded to a Panasonic Palmcorder that uses VHS-C tapes that play in the VCR (with an adapter tape that came with the camera). We bought it about the same time video cameras started coming with the LCD screens, which ours does not have. We took it to WDW in 1999 (in addition to a film camera) and filmed a couple of cousins' wedding, and some other special events, but otherwise have rarely taken it out of the bag.

This Christmas I was given a digital camera that will shoot short videos with sound. DH complemented the camera with a 512mb SD memory card so I will definitely be taking the camera to WDW in June, but haven't decided on taking the video camera.

Do folks still carry those around the parks?

The one time I didn't have it at WDW, "Alice" grabbed my 5 yo daughters and took them out to dance in the parade. I took lots of pictures but I was kicking myself for not having the vid. Now I always take it on the chance I might need it. This past December they got in to the Lion King show at AK and I got tape of that!

Our video camera is permanantly attached to DH's hand me and DD stand there tapping our feet waiting for him to stop filming and carry on walking!!!!

Yes and I saw a lot of people during this past trip that had theirs as well and a lot of people with tri-pods to put their camcorders on to record the parades and fireworks.

I definitely still use a video camera and just got a new HDTV wide-screen Sony that is a blast to use. Cameras will never take the place of camcorders for taking video and camcorders will never take the place of my digital camera for stills. Too much of a trade off for me so I end up being strapped with 2 pieces of equipment.

Jeff

The last trip to WDW I actually had 3 camera's. My P&S digital camera Canon S30, my SLR Nikon N70 and my Sony HI8 video camera. I didn't take as much video this time only about an hour or so. But some of the footage I got was priceess.

My digital P&S does take video with sound but its not very good quality and only takes 30 seconds at a time. My video camera takes digital stills but again not good quality. Its less than 1 megapixel.

I just recently bought a new digital SLR (Nikon D50) so I will only need 2 camera's. I would always suggest having a video camera and a still camera. At least until technology improves enough where you will have a ditial video camera that takes high quality video and 4+ megapixel digital stills or visverse (sp?)l.

AZ JazzyJ said:
I definitely still use a video camera and just got a new HDTV wide-screen Sony that is a blast to use. Cameras will never take the place of camcorders for taking video and camcorders will never take the place of my digital camera for stills. Too much of a trade off for me so I end up being strapped with 2 pieces of equipment.

Jeff

Which camera did you buy and how's the PQ on HDV? I used JVC's HDV and the PQ while panning was atrocious (stair-stepping galore). I'm contemplating in getting HDR-HC1 but I haven't found an actual user yet (I don't really agree with camcorderinfo.com test schemes.)

Kelly Grannell said:
Yup DH and I carry at least one camera for each of us plus a camcorder.

I just don't have enough hands. Today I left the Video camera home, I knew I would have my hands full with the new Canon! It took some getting used to hanging around my neck - I bonked DD in the head several times with the lens! My other camera (HP707) was smaller and I could stick it in my pocket.

Since we are able to go "whenever" I have to choose which I want to concentrate on.

makinorlando said:
I just don't have enough hands. Today I left the Video camera home, I knew I would have my hands full with the new Canon! It took some getting used to hanging around my neck - I bonked DD in the head several times with the lens! My other camera (HP707) was smaller and I could stick it in my pocket.

Since we are able to go "whenever" I have to choose which I want to concentrate on.

You need a camera backpack.

As for what I do, I carry 3 different things. Casio S500 in my pocket for spur of the moment video and photo's. D100, depending on what we're doing might be in the backpack or it might be around my neck. Sony miniDV is usually in my backpack unless I'm actually planning on taping. I usually only tape things like Wishes, Fantasmic, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter