Campfire and Movies at Fort -- Can Other Resort Guests Attend?

CindyCat

Earning My Ears
We're staying at POP. Can I bring my children to the movies and campfire at Fort Wilderness?

yes. we went a couple of years ago and had a good time. we didn't stay for the whole movie. i am sure you could get more information on the camping board.

Since this was in the Resort Photos forum, I was expecting a picture of the campfire. Bummer! I've always wondered how they can do a campfire and a movie in the same location. Oh well, maybe someone else will be confused like me and post a pic! ;)

The campfire is available to any WDW Resort guest.
We stayed at CBR last Nov and took my nieces to it one night.
We took the ferry over from the MK and then the internal bus to the campfire site.
There is a small stage that looks like a traveling medicine show wagon on the left side, the screen is in the middle and the campfire is off to the left.

They start the evening with the sing a long and the campfire. Chip and Dale come out into the audience and mingle. Then they show the movie...as the movie plays the campfire slowly dies down. It was an awesome evening and my nieces loved it! The night we were there they were playing a double feature, but the girls didn't even make it half way thru peter pan :)

Also, back behind the bleacher area are the restrooms as well as the store where you can purchase all of your supplies if you are like us and couldn't bring your own. They had Smores Kits that were plenty for the 4 of us.. I think they were around $ 8.00-10.00. Also hot dogs, drinks, chips etc.

There are pics of the area on the front page at the top "Dis Boards Updates"
and Fort Wilderness Photos - 240 photos added.

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1978_filtered.jpg

(Sorry Photobucket is doing wierd things.. but you get the idea. You can see the corner of the movie screen at the back of the photo.)

HTH :)
Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter