Camping in June

Crazy4mandms

Addicted to WDW and proud of it!
I took my kids (and DH) to WDW for the first time ever this past May and am soooo ready to go again! However, $ has gotten tighter so I was thinking of tenting it next year at Fort Wildnerness. We camp ALOT so we're used to what others may see as the inconv of camping. However, being from NY, I'm wondering if we'll be able to stand the June heat/humidity in FL and bugs (if that's a problem). Also, I'm sure they have lots of security, but I have to ask if I should have any worries about not bringing hubby along...would just be me and the kids. Thanks for any help!!

You have already identified the main problem with tent camping in the summer HEAT.

YOu will be hot, no doubt about it. But with electric on the site you can bring a fan or to to keep the air moving in the tent and cool things off a little.

Sorry, but I have only tented there in the winter so I can't provide specifics.

On the security issue, while things can happen anywhere, I always feel safe at FW.

We went this past June, and the humidty was very, very bad. I live in Florida too and the humidty at FW was terrible. My popup stayed wet all day long. It never dried out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter