• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Campsite cancellations?

Mchurchill96

Mouseketeer
So, we have reservations in August for a Cabin in Fort Wilderness. Due to financial constraints, as well as buying an inexpensive second hand pop up, we want to change the reservation to a partial hook up campsite. I called today, but there are currently NO campsites of any type available for our planned dates at WDW. I was told to check back, because people do cancel sometimes. In reality, how likely are we to be able to change our reservation?

So, we have reservations in August for a Cabin in Fort Wilderness. Due to financial constraints, as well as buying an inexpensive second hand pop up, we want to change the reservation to a partial hook up campsite. I called today, but there are currently NO campsites of any type available for our planned dates at WDW. I was told to check back, because people do cancel sometimes. In reality, how likely are we to be able to change our reservation?

That's strange. It's not a busy time. Are you looking for a short stay of only a day or two?

I tried various week long quotes on the reservation tool from 8/2 to 8/28 in various combinations and got a Tent site available each time.

So try the on-line tool and let us know what dates you are trying to use.

Bama Ed

bama_ 55779508 said:
That's strange. It's not a busy time. Are you looking for a short stay of only a day or two?

I tried various week long quotes on the reservation tool from 8/2 to 8/28 in various combinations and got a Tent site available each time.

So try the on-line tool and let us know what dates you are trying to use.

Bama Ed
Arriving 8/8, checking out 8/16.

I just did it and all sites come up.. Pop up site are $54 Full $71 Preferred $83 Premium $88

I guess I could give it a try. I called a few days ago, just to see what the cost would be, and that CM told me that when I was ready to change the reservation, I'd have to call again, that I couldn't do it online. Well find out, I just don't want to lose my reservation entirely by messing something up.

Its not a change its a completely new reservation probably. You will end up cancelling, getting your deposit refunded, and making a new deposit.

I would suggest making the reservation online and when that's solid, call and cancel the cabin. My two cents anyway.

Bama Ed

I agree with Ed on booking the campsite first and then cancel your current reservation.

Disney is doing some new things now and being able to alter current reservations is one of the things that they are no longer doing, thus Ed's suggestion about probably having to book a whole new reservation.

Wonder if the System will allow the same user to have 2 reservations at the same time? That could be part of the problem. Just a thought.

OK, so you were able to change the type of site online? Cool, we were wondering with the new rule enforcement if that was doable or not.

Thanks for letting us know and glad it worked out for you.

As long as the new reservation you are requesting is available in its entirety, it will allow you to "change".

Although behind the scenes, it's completely different.

Since the deposit for a cabin is more than that for a campsite, you're ahead of the game.

Glad to know you got the change made.

Bama Ed

I was able to add extra night to my reservation last week... I still need two more nights but I'm not sure it will ever come up... As I need Thanksgiving day and Friday night... So the site is working and is letting you add one night...

I was able to add extra night to my reservation last week... I still need two more nights but I'm not sure it will ever come up... As I need Thanksgiving day and Friday night... So the site is working and is letting you add one night...

veraletta, I hope you get those nights you still need.

I wonder if the issue with Disney is more about when people try to shorten their stays? I would think they would be happy (make it easier) to add extra nights and make peoples' stays longer. As we have noticed, Disney almost hassles some people when they try to trim nights nowadays (but some folks have gotten it done easily so who knows).

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Thanks Bama Ed... I hope I will get the two nights I need too. I notice last year that Disney didn't want to give money back on the site, when we had to leave early as my daughter work called her and told her she needed to work on Saturday after Thanksgiving, so we had to leave Disney on Thanksgiving day so she could make it back to work on time. I had to call when I got home to ask for why they didn't put the money back on my Disney card. They finally did give me a refund for the last two days, but I had to call to get it, now I wonder if this is something new, no refund if you have to leave early.

I notice last year that Disney didn't want to give money back on the site----------- now I wonder if this is something new, no refund if you have to leave early.

We left two nights early first part of March - much too cold, rainy and windy for our enjoyment!! Dh just went down and told them, and they said, no problem, we'll just credit your account!!
Maybe it depends on the CM you get, or holiday times may be different------

We left two nights early first part of March - much too cold, rainy and windy for our enjoyment!! Dh just went down and told them, and they said, no problem, we'll just credit your account!!
Maybe it depends on the CM you get, or holiday times may be different------

We have always had unused reservation charges returned when we left early. Latest example.....Space Coast Half Marathon last November followed immediately by Dream cruise. After leaving ship a quick drive to ASM for 2 nights but we just didn't feel comfortable sleeping so Saturday AM we decided to leave. Went to check out, told CM our situation and she refunded the next night's charges.

Next week's stay at FW will be for our 43rd anniversary. WE WILL NOT BE LEAVING EARLY!!!! If I did that there would not be a 44th anniversary, guaranteed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter