campsite lengths??

Lory

Mouseketeer
Could anyone tell me if there are any pull-thru campsites at FW or do you have to back your trailer in at all of them?? We will be about 54 feet long with truck and trailer. If you have to back do they give you plently of room? Are there any big spots i should request?

Thank you so much in advance.

Lory

No pull-thrus (yet--I keep hoping!). Just tell when making your reservations the length of your trailer and emphasize several times that you need a loooooong site. I'd double check upon checkin that it is long enough and easy to back in to.

Hi Lory!!
We will be going to FW for the first time in August. When we made our reservation, I made sure the CM understood that our trailer was 40 feet...and our combined length with truck and bike rack on trailer was 59 feet. I was told that we would have no problem with a site!!

Hope this helps!

Michele

lHowdy ,
Looks like the sites are not really set up for large rigs. My motorhome is 15ft wide (2 slides), 38ft long plus my Saturn making us 58 long. I saw something referring to preferred sites. Does this mean there is larger sites for us big rigs?
And we travel with our Gorgy and bird

There are site that are large enough for your rig. Just be sure and tell them your requirements and have them note the size when you make your resi. (They do it anyway) The preferred sites are more about location in the campground and cable service rather than size of site. However, they do tend to be closer together. They have in the past few months cut some of the trees that were close to the edge on the campsite pad to make room for big rigs with slides and awnings. They have also moved some of the electrical hook ups to better accommodate the big rigs.

Thanks Memph1s for the imformation about the sites...have called once earlier this year and the young lady said my rig was too big and would fit their sites.Guess it all depends on who you talk to.

They may be looking at your overall length of 58' not the breakdown length of 38.' They do have a lot of turnover and a some of the CMs still seem to be learning the ropes.

I once saw a 36' cabin cruiser on a trailer that had to be pulled by a tractor/trailer type truck and they got it in a preferred spot in the 200 loop. That trailer had to be close to 50.' It may be that you have to park your car sideways in front of your camper but they should be able to get you in a site.

...a "preferred" site. We will be renting a 29' RV(with a pull-open awning). Can anyone recommend a terrific site for a newbie?? BTW ~ 3 DS's, ages 16, 15, and 9, so I DEFINITELY want to be somewhat near an ARCADE!!:teeth: (if THAT'S possible!)

near an ARCADE

1400 loop would be good, it is near the pool, bike barn, and the campfire program, arcade is located at the pool complex.

also an arcade near crocketts tavern which is close to the 100 loop.

Neither FW arcarde is very big, though. With boys that age they could catch the small boat to the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge and use the arcades there.

...thanks, Disney Campers! Well, I COULD let them rent the "Mickey Boats" to go across the lake to WL (we stayed there last year and my guys were in the arcade at WL just about EVERY SINGLE DAY!:D ) Can you recommend some other "not to miss" things (besides HDD, of course!)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter