• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone post their experience with after hours Oga's reservations?

PendingPeril

Mouseketeer
I have a 9:55pm reservation and the park closes at 9pm. I've seen some posts about this but none on what the experience was like. Did it get boring waiting in the park after everything closed down? I'm going to have a 6yo with me so I'm wondering if he can even make it that late after a busy day, but the pictures with the park cleared out would be amazing.

I think it would be a great opportunity for you to get in line at the end of the night for a ride that you hadn't done earlier because of long lines. That will eat up some of the post-closing minutes, and then you can always take a bathroom breaking and do some shopping to take up the rest of the wait.

Do you have time earlier in the day to Maybe take a break and let the six-year-old take a good nap? I think it depends on the six-year-old, at that point my six-year-old could definitely stay up late but they have always been rebels.

Yeah, this will be our 4th day in Florida so I guess I'll just condition him to stay up later the first few nights. We can also try for ROTR one more time. Thanks for the advice.

On October 2nd (granted everyone was at MK or Epcot for the new stuff so it was a very not normal experience) it was delightful!!! The park closed at 9pm & we had a 9:30 ADR. Got in line for ROTR about 8:30 which was basically a walk on. Came out of the ride & strolled around, checked in early for Oga's & just enjoyed the park being so quiet.

On October 2nd (granted everyone was at MK or Epcot for the new stuff so it was a very not normal experience) it was delightful!!! The park closed at 9pm & we had a 9:30 ADR. Got in line for ROTR about 8:30 which was basically a walk on. Came out of the ride & strolled around, checked in early for Oga's & just enjoyed the park being so quiet.
that sounds pretty amazing

I got a 9:55PM reservation for Oga's too. No one in my party has ever been Galaxy's Edge before, so we're looking forward to the experience and getting to see the park late when it's emptier. I think we'll definitely try to jump in a line right before park close to use up some of that extra time beforehand.

We rode ROTR at park closing. We enjoyed walking around Galaxy Edge taking pictures with barely anyone around. It was such a great experience!

IMG_0901.jpg

We loved it. Very relaxing stroll out, great way to unwind after a very long day. Lots of photo opportunities

eta: We had our reservations for 9:25, so we jumped on Mickey and Minnie before heading back. Walked on at 8:58. We could have gotten on Slinky dog, but the kids wanted to do MMRR again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter