Can anyone recommend a good sweet wine?

Takara Japanese Plum wine is very sweet.

LOL...maybe we need a "Boone's Hill Strawberry Wine" memory thread . I was having flashbacks to a high school dance and my first under-age alcohol experience....SIX of us in someone's station wagon sharing a bottle of it before the dance....so a few ounces each and we thought we were "buzzed" LOL
Oh my....my daughter's almost the age i was then.........:eek: :eek:

Anyway...to the question.....I find the white Zinfandels to be rather sweet (too much for my taste)...and there is a brand of inexpensive wine called Arbor Mist I think available here that has sweet fruit flavored varieties .........
That Zeller Schwarze Katz is excellent and inexpensive....my DH reminds me every time we drink it that he met Herr Zeller in Germany many years ago when he (DH) was in the Army stationed near the guest house /winery.

Sauternes are sweet. They are often drunk after dinner as a dessert wine. They are also used for making some kinds of sabayon sauces.

Here's what I'd recommend:
Really sweet -
White Zinfandel
White Merlot
Lambrusco

Not as sweet, but not dry (bitter) -
Reisling
Liebfraumilch
Pinot Grigio

Of course you can't go wrong with a bottle of Brut bubbly! ;)

Here's the one I'm going to try!
Marion Keller : Riesling Pies Porter Michaelsberg Auslesle

Nobody makes a light sweet wine like the Germans-nobody!

Boones farm YUCK!! lol lol I think Im still hung over from that stuff and its been 15 years since I have had it!! lol :D

I would say try a white zyphendale(however you spell it) Beringer makes a good one.

I'm with Dodie. Caymus Conundrum is an excellent sweet wine. World class. We've gotten it for anywhere from $21-$27. Dodie, I'd do a search on the Internet for it if you can't find it locally. The new vintage came out this fall and someone must still have some.

kamgen -- have you ever had anything from Heart of the Vineyard? They're down in the Southwest corner of Michigan. They offer the opportunity to select grapes for your own wine blend, producing 2 cases. We'd like to try it next time we're up there but we're afraid of the "Boone's Farm" factor (which you can still get at WalMart).

I was going to say, if they bought a wine suggested to someone in 2002, they might want to get rid of that bottle by now!

I saw Blondie's name there as the OP and I was like :faint: :cool1: And then reading along I was having a trip down memory lane, so many good people. :love: And then I see the thread is over 14 years old. :scratchin:headache:

I usually like any kind of Moscato (but not the pink version). You can find different brands anywhere - even Target. I also like Trader Joe's "Blue Fin Moscato" - can't beat the price.

Riunite Labrrusco is a good cheap red wine. I like to make sangria with it.

But, I really love Rosa Regale!
9465004294174.png

Look for wines that might be a Moscato or a Sweet Reisling or a wine that is marketed/labeled as a sweet fruity wine/blend.
If you can find a good wine and spirits store, they might be really good at helping you choose some to try.

We were also introduced to a wonderful white Moscato at Palo on a Disney Cruise, years ago. Not long before this thread was posted!

I think it was Trentino, from Italy.
We actually special ordered it a few times.
Not sure it is still even available?

We have a couple of favorites from a good local winery.
One is a wonderful peach blush.
And, other than that, this was a pretty 'dry' county.
So I am not familiar with a lot of brands/wineries.

I think it was a sweet Reisling that we tried last. It had one of the very very highest ratings from the wine appreciation magazines.
It was sweet, but we hated it. Maybe it was a bad bottle, but it tasted like a sweet beer??? Yuck!

I usually like any kind of Moscato (but not the pink version). You can find different brands anywhere - even Target. I also like Trader Joe's "Blue Fin Moscato" - can't beat the price.

Riunite Labrrusco is a good cheap red wine. I like to make sangria with it.

But, I really love Rosa Regale!
9465004294174.png

What I was going to say. Moscato from any winery is going to be a good choice for those who prefer sweeter wines.

Trader Joe's has a private label Sauternes. I've only seen the half bottle in stores.

http://www.espaceetforme.com/?p=1271

Sauternes are made from fungus-affected grapes. Sounds kind of gross, but the fungus shrivels up the grapes and concentrates the juice and sugar.

OOOO A Zombie thread.

First the mail bag. Joe writes.
Dear Cw4d, you're not really interviewing any zombies are you?
Dear Joe. Of course we are. But you're right about one thing. The landing on the moon was totally faked. Cw4d.

On to our poll.
7 out of 10 zombies prefer Barefoot Moscato with their brains. The sweetness of the wine compliments the brains nicely said one.
2 out of 10 zombies prefer a late harvest Reisling.
1 of them asked us over for dinner and for us to bring the wine. So we got out of there and ended the survey.

This is a sweeter wine that my wife usually drinks.

image_1180245_full.jpeg

And there's always Moscata.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter