Can I add Maxpass to our AP's on my phone/online? before we go?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
We're surprising the kids with a SUPER quick trip Jan 3-6. I KNOW it's going to be insanely busy, but I got a STEAL on the Hilton next to the convention center ($69/night!!!!) and I want to take them before all the Christmas decor is gone. We're going to add Maxpass to our passes before that trip, but do I need to do it in person or is that something I can do online or on the app? We're going to get there around 5 PM on the third and I'd love to just go in at that point and not have to wait at the ticket booths, but obviously will if I need to.

We're surprising the kids with a SUPER quick trip Jan 3-6. I KNOW it's going to be insanely busy, but I got a STEAL on the Hilton next to the convention center ($69/night!!!!) and I want to take them before all the Christmas decor is gone. We're going to add Maxpass to our passes before that trip, but do I need to do it in person or is that something I can do online or on the app? We're going to get there around 5 PM on the third and I'd love to just go in at that point and not have to wait at the ticket booths, but obviously will if I need to.
We went last month with pre-purchased hard tickets (got them at a charity auction). We never needed to stop at a Disneyland ticket booth for MaxPass- we simply added it online. While waiting at the gates before rope drop, I scanned that day's tickets into my phone for MaxPass using Disneyland's app. Once our tickets were scanned in for entry, then I could add MaxPass to them (had to enter my credit card info right there), but couldn't add it before being scanned into the parks. Since I had already scanned our tickets prior to entry, it probably took only 30 seconds to get MaxPass set up in the park, and I did it while walking each time. So not difficult at all & it didn't slow us down. Loved nabbing top-tier FPs right as we walked into the parks.

If you already have the APs, then yes, you can call them and add maxpass. I did it a few weeks ago.
We did it over the phone too in October. I can't remember the number. It was posted on here by someone. i think it was the AP line.

My understanding is also that if you already have active AP's, you can call the AP line and add MP. I don't think you can do it online. If you only have AP vouchers and they're not activated yet, then you have to go to the ticket booth to add MP (this is what I had to do a couple months ago). If you are unable to add MP ahead of time for whatever reason and you don't want to waste time at the ticket booth as soon as you arrive, you can go straight into the parks and add MP just for the day via the app. Then later in the day go to to the ticket booth to add MP to the AP's and ask them if they'll credit you for the $10 day pass you already purchased. I've seen multiple accounts of successfully getting credited this way, but it's probably not a guarantee so only do this if you're ok with paying the extra $10/ticket in the event they don't credit you for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter