• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I combine tickets and upgrade to annual pass?

Steven Noggle

Earning My Ears
I purchased tickets for two separate upcoming WDW trips. One is a 7 day w/ park hopper, and the other is a four day base ticket. Can I combine them and pay the difference for an annual pass? I would hate to have basically paid the same amount and not have any annual pass benefits. Thanks for your input :)

Unfortunately No
I read something about "price bridging" online, the article said it only works with tickets purchased through authorized third party dealers, but it doesn't say anything about combining them. It's not to late to refund my second ticket yet, but do you know if this info is true?

Yes, you should be able to use one of those tickets towards the cost of your AP. I've done it with an unused 2 day park hopper when it was time to renew my annual pass. I'm not sure about putting two tickets towards the cost of one AP though. The Theme Parks board should have the answer you are looking for.

Yes, you should be able to use one of those tickets towards the cost of your AP. I've done it with an unused 2 day park hopper when it was time to renew my annual pass. I'm not sure about putting two tickets towards the cost of one AP though. The Theme Parks board should have the answer you are looking for.
Thank you!

I read something about "price bridging" online, the article said it only works with tickets purchased through authorized third party dealers, but it doesn't say anything about combining them. It's not to late to refund my second ticket yet, but do you know if this info is true?
Only one ticket can be used towards an upgrade.

I purchased tickets for two separate upcoming WDW trips. One is a 7 day w/ park hopper, and the other is a four day base ticket. Can I combine them and pay the difference for an annual pass? I would hate to have basically paid the same amount and not have any annual pass benefits. Thanks for your input :)
Everything that you might want to know about tickets can be found in this thread
https://disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/

Post #5 of that thread addresses ticket upgrades. The amount that you get toward the upgrade to an AP would depend on the ticket type and when you purchased it.

They use to let you but the last time my grandson did band and we went to Disney to play we try to up grade his tickets and they said they don't do it any more. They don't even let you add more days to the ticket as you are getting them for a cheaper price. they did tell we could have had the band teacher order AP for my grandson instead of the 3 day tickets we got.

They use to let you but the last time my grandson did band and we went to Disney to play we try to up grade his tickets and they said they don't do it any more. They don't even let you add more days to the ticket as you are getting them for a cheaper price. they did tell we could have had the band teacher order AP for my grandson instead of the 3 day tickets we got.
You're talking about a group rate ticket, which can't typically be upgraded. I believe we're talking about tickets purchased from third-party resellers which can be upgraded.

You're talking about a group rate ticket, which can't typically be upgraded. I believe we're talking about tickets purchased from third-party resellers which can be upgraded.

Yep the group ones, like for soccer and cheerleading tournaments cannot be upgraded. We discovered this after very bad information from a travel agent.

Well, I decided to call and speak with customer service, and according to the cast member I spoke with, you may combine tickets for an AP, they simply apply credit for the current rate of the tickets you already purchased, towards the cost of the AP. They stated this only works with Tickets purchased through Disney or an authorized 3rd party seller, and can be done at guest services in the parks. if I wasn't misinformed by Disney this is a great way to save money that I stumbled onto by accident. I purchased 1-7/day park hopper for $412.00, gate price is $516.53 and one 4/day base ticket for $369.95, gate price $452.63, which means the total I paid was $781.95 for tickets worth 969.16. the current rate for a platinum+ AP is 925.49, Not only will the price of the annual pass be covered but there should theoretically be a credit of 43.67! This would be a truly great savings especially when you consider the additional benefits of 20% discounts on selected food and merchandise that AP holders enjoy! Ill keep the board posted and let you all know how it ends up going :)

Well, I decided to call and speak with customer service, and according to the cast member I spoke with, you may combine tickets for an AP, they simply apply credit for the current rate of the tickets you already purchased, towards the cost of the AP. They stated this only works with Tickets purchased through Disney or an authorized 3rd party seller, and can be done at guest services in the parks. if I wasn't misinformed by Disney this is a great way to save money that I stumbled onto by accident. I purchased 1-7/day park hopper for $412.00, gate price is $516.53 and one 4/day base ticket for $369.95, gate price $452.63, which means the total I paid was $781.95 for tickets worth 969.16. the current rate for a platinum+ AP is 925.49, Not only will the price of the annual pass be covered but there should theoretically be a credit of 43.67! This would be a truly great savings especially when you consider the additional benefits of 20% discounts on selected food and merchandise that AP holders enjoy! Ill keep the board posted and let you all know how it ends up going :)

The phone CMs are notoriously wrong on ticketing information. It's a one-to-one upgrade.

The phone CMs are notoriously wrong on ticketing information. It's a one-to-one upgrade.
I could be totally wrong about them crediting for the gate price of the ticket, that seems a little strange, but they seemed confident about the ability to combine tickets. again we'll see how it goes. Also, I appreciate the feedback, but would it be possible, if your reply is that it will not work, that you put some reference as to how you know for a fact that it wont work, i.e. A time you or someone you know tried it and it didn't work.

This is from the "Everything About WDW Tickets" sticky on the Theme Parks board:

Upgrading to an Annual Pass (AP)
An upgrade to any level of Annual Pass follows basically the same rules as any other upgrade of MYW tickets.
You cannot combine the value of more than one ticket in order to upgrade to a singe new ticket or AP.

It'd be really nice to know what Exactly is accurate and/or correct.

Sitting on some (new) unused tix I'd happily upgrade to an AP .. to save some money and force (lol) another visit early summer.

It'd be really nice to know what Exactly is accurate and/or correct.

Sitting on some (new) unused tix I'd happily upgrade to an AP .. to save some money and force (lol) another visit early summer.
Alright so it looks like it is correct that you can not combine tickets, but it sounds like it is true, based on several peoples first hand accounts, that they will likely credit you the gate price vs. the discount price of the ticket, so still a potential to save. I'm glad my 4 day ticket is still refundable. Thank you all for the input, especially those of you that bursted my bubble, :)

Q??

And if one has resident tix... not the latest rounds of them, but the earlier ones without the june2017 expiry?

Are those also Upgradable?

Alright so it looks like it is correct that you can not combine tickets, but it sounds like it is true, based on several peoples first hand accounts, that they will likely credit you the gate price vs. the discount price of the ticket, so still a potential to save. I'm glad my 4 day ticket is still refundable. Thank you all for the input, especially those of you that bursted my bubble, :)
Not to further burst your bubble but apparently (based on numerous reports here) Disney now will only give the current full gate price if your ticket was issued after Feb 12th 2017. Since the 7 day park hopper price you mentioned was $412 I am guessing you bought it before the latest ticket increase. If so (and these reports are correct) you will only receive $467 and some change toward your AP not $516.53. The reason is since Disney instituted expiration dates on all new magic your way tickets issued on/after Feb 12th (when prices were increased) they now know any ticket being upgraded without an expiration were purchased for $467 or less (the gate value on Feb 11th 2017.) Therefore they give you the max you could have paid for that ticket not the current cost.

Not to further burst your bubble but apparently (based on numerous reports here) Disney now will only give the current full gate price if your ticket was issued after Feb 12th 2017. Since the 7 day park hopper price you mentioned was $412 I am guessing you bought it before the latest ticket increase. If so (and these reports are correct) you will only receive $467 and some change toward your AP not $516.53. The reason is since Disney instituted expiration dates on all new magic your way tickets issued on/after Feb 12th (when prices were increased) they now know any ticket being upgraded without an expiration were purchased for $467 or less (the gate value on Feb 11th 2017.) Therefore they give you the max you could have paid for that ticket not the current cost.
Well, better to have my bubble bursted on the disboards, then while standing in guest services with a sad look on my face. :( I guess anything at, or higher then $412 is good since, I'll need an AP anyway. And let's face it, how bursted can my bubble be, after all, I'm going to Disney World!

Well, better to have my bubble bursted on the disboards, then while standing in guest services with a sad look on my face. :( I guess anything at, or higher then $412 is good since, I'll need an AP anyway. And let's face it, how bursted can my bubble be, after all, I'm going to Disney World!
True :)
I was also disappointed to hear that I would only get $467 toward my gold AP upgrade vs $516 but still save $50ish as I paid much less than $467 like you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter