Can I handle Incredicoaster?

meltys

Earning My Ears
So yesterday my friend and her family happened to be in the parks so I met up with them and the first ride they wanted to go on was one of the few that I've been too scared to try: Incredicoaster. So me and my friend's little brother (we were both scared lol) crossed over the seats so that we didn't have to ride, and right after we got to the safety on the other side one of the cast members approached us and tried convincing us to get on, saying it's not that bad and everything but as nice as she was I wasn't buying it. But then she offered us free fastpasses if we went on and my friend's brother got on BY HIMSELF!! Meanwhile I was too scared bc usually my dad's there to ride new rides with me and I just couldn't lol, but her brother said it was alright, so now I'm wondering could I have handled it??

Okay, here's the scoop: i love grizzly, space, goofy, matterhorn, thunder, indy, and pirates, but i still get anxious getting on radiator springs because of those 3 hills during the race that ALWAYS make my stomach go crazy (they're unlike any drop I've felt, I can barely handle them) and my main (MAIN) concern on incredicoaster is singlehandedly the drops. I can handle the loop for sure but I hate that sinking feeling so much. there are some drops that I consider fun, like the one on space and goofy, but I'm worried that the drops on incredicoaster will just be too much (I have emetophobia so I'm really scared that I might puke or something) or pass out. I love fast rides and I know that I would've ridden incredicoaster by now if it weren't for those drops.

So my question is: on a scale from one to ten how intense is the weird gut feeling on each drop on incredicoaster, and are the 3 hills at the very end similar to the radiator springs hills?? I wanna go on it next time, bc I was so scared of space and thunder and matterhorn for so long and now they're my favorite rides!! and I hope I feel the same about incredicoaster if i go on!!
(also I totally didn't just make an account on here just to ask this question haha)

UPDATE: the only ride i remember crying on was goofy when i was like 7, but yesterday when i finally rode incredicoaster for the first time i got off sobbing SO I AM NEVER RIDING THAT EVER AGAIN! overall i'm really glad i conquered my fear and rode it but that first drop really made me feel like i was going to pass out, it was like the RSR drops (that i hate) times 100. i'm a small person so i felt like i was slipping out of my seat and i was crying and screaming "NO!!!!!!!!' the entire time. at the time it was a nightmare but rn i'm kinda laughing about it, but no joke i am never, in my life, ever, riding that again. i think half of it was because right before the ride i was so anxious and i was hyperventilating (i didn't know i was until later when i googled pins and needles in hands from anxiety and boom confirmed) so i really wasn't ready for it. but i still did it and the people i was with were really supportive so i feel some sense of pride for taking that on. thank u for everyone here that replied to this thread, you really made me brave enough to do it and i did!

Last edited:
You might try asking on the Disneyland section of this forum, which I suspect this thread will be moved to shortly. This section is dedicated to WDW.

In my opinion, the only “scary” drop on Incredicoaster is the first one, where you take off, go up, then down. All the other drops are somewhat curved, so you aren’t dropping straight forward.
Hopefully someone who isn’t into large rollercoasters can chime in. I may not be the right person as I love thrill rides lol

The three bunny hills towards the end of Incredicoaster might be your only problem. They are straight so you do get that feeling in your stomach. They're very small hills compared to the others, but if Radiator Springs bothers you, these are similar.

The first drop is BIG but it doesn't go up and down like in RSR, just a big drop then up. There is another drop than goes into the loop. There are videos on youtube that might help you get a better idea of what to expect.

HTH,
Kriss :tink:

I will say that I could have written your post above before trying Incredicoaster...now, hands down, it's my FAVE ride. The first drop is a biggie. Not going to lie. HOWEVER, you are going so dang fast that by the time you "think" holey moley...you are pulling out and on to the next thing. I was totally freaked about the drop. Turned out I was way over thinking it. And for a tip, try pushing your legs down like you are trying to stand up as you drop...off-sets the feeling in a really manageable way. But even if you don't do this, it's really fast, really fun, and if you absolutely hate it...it's over in a blink. That's what I told my son when he got up the nerve. He tried it. Then went 23 more times during our trip! LOL And this was his first "real" roller coaster. If you like the other rides, I think you could do this one! :) Good luck! And let us know if you try!!!!

I agree that it's the last little hills that do me in. If I take Bonine/Dramamine the day before a trip and the day of the trip, I can ride it once and be fine. If I don't have it built up in my system, the end result is no good.

So yesterday my friend and her family happened to be in the parks so I met up with them and the first ride they wanted to go on was one of the few that I've been too scared to try: Incredicoaster. So me and my friend's little brother (we were both scared lol) crossed over the seats so that we didn't have to ride, and right after we got to the safety on the other side one of the cast members approached us and tried convincing us to get on, saying it's not that bad and everything but as nice as she was I wasn't buying it. But then she offered us free fastpasses if we went on and my friend's brother got on BY HIMSELF!! Meanwhile I was too scared bc usually my dad's there to ride new rides with me and I just couldn't lol, but her brother said it was alright, so now I'm wondering could I have handled it??

Okay, here's the scoop: i love grizzly, space, goofy, matterhorn, thunder, indy, and pirates, but i still get anxious getting on radiator springs because of those 3 hills during the race that ALWAYS make my stomach go crazy (they're unlike any drop I've felt, I can barely handle them) and my main (MAIN) concern on incredicoaster is singlehandedly the drops. I can handle the loop for sure but I hate that sinking feeling so much. there are some drops that I consider fun, like the one on space and goofy, but I'm worried that the drops on incredicoaster will just be too much (I have emetophobia so I'm really scared that I might puke or something) or pass out. I love fast rides and I know that I would've ridden incredicoaster by now if it weren't for those drops.

So my question is: on a scale from one to ten how intense is the weird gut feeling on each drop on incredicoaster, and are the 3 hills at the very end similar to the radiator springs hills?? I wanna go on it next time, bc I was so scared of space and thunder and matterhorn for so long and now they're my favorite rides!! and I hope I feel the same about incredicoaster if i go on!!
(also I totally didn't just make an account on here just to ask this question haha)
To my son with severe vertigo the drop on Incredicoaster is no problem---but he hates Jellyfish and cannot do Guardians.
To me (no problem with heights or drops) the drop on Incredicoaster gives the same fun feeling as the drops on Guardians. I don't feel like it is the same motion as the RSR hills.

If you take a deep breath right before a drop and scream as you go down, you won't feel that stomach drop feeling. That feeling happens because your stomach is supported by lligaments that allow it to move up and down freely. If you tense up like you are doing a situp, or take a deep breath and then forcibly blow it out, you will force your stomach to stay suspended rather than freely floating up and down. It works!

The Incredicoaster is awesome and you should definitely try it at least once.

If you take a deep breath right before a drop and scream as you go down, you won't feel that stomach drop feeling. That feeling happens because your stomach is supported by lligaments that allow it to move up and down freely. If you tense up like you are doing a situp, or take a deep breath and then forcibly blow it out, you will force your stomach to stay suspended rather than freely floating up and down. It works!

The Incredicoaster is awesome and you should definitely try it at least once.

Excellent Tip!! Love it!!

I've noticed since the switch to Incredicoaster, I tend to be paying more attention to the story, so I am not noticing the tummy-drop sensation nearly as much. Around the bunny hops are physical Jack-Jacks, so you have a little distraction.

I get motion sickness on some roller coasters and the stomach drops can really trigger it. Incredicoaster is a no go for me after riding it once. The big problem I have with it is the launch. That super accelerated launch at the beginning just kills me. The rest of the ride for me is doable.
So just another bit of food for thought about what might pose a problem.
However, here is the thing, you won't know until you try it. Just ride it one time. What's the harm. At the worst, you get a bad stomach drop and feel a little queasy after. At the best, you have a new favorite ride. I would definitely at least give it a try.

It's not the drops and loop that get to me, it's the sudden braking to stop at the end. I stop, but my tummy keeps going!

If you want to try it, do. But don't let anybody, even a CM, try to convince you to ride something that you really don't want to. That happened to me once, and I told the person that if they wanted to clean up the mess afterwards and buy me new clothes, I'd go for it. They stopped trying to talk me into it.😜

If you like Space, Thunder and Matterhorn, I thiiiiink you'd be okay. Incredicoaster is smoother than all of those! It is BIG, of course, but it's exhilirating and it all happens so quickly that you don't really think about it. I will say, I once went on it at the very end of the day after I had already hit my "wall" and it was a bit too much for me (back when it was still Screamin') but I find it to be a lot more accessible than it looks. Do you like Splash Mountain? If it's the feeling of drops that gets you, then it may not be for you but even that happens pretty quickly, and the loop is super seamless as well.

The three bunny hills towards the end of Incredicoaster might be your only problem. They are straight so you do get that feeling in your stomach. They're very small hills compared to the others, but if Radiator Springs bothers you, these are similar.
If you don’t like those hills on RSR I don’t think you will like the three bunny hills toward the end of Incredicoaster.

That said, I am not a fan of that dropping sensation, I can’t handle Guardians but I LOVE the Incredicoaster!
Agree with the above. If RSR's bunny hills are a problem, IC's bunny hills may be a deal breaker. However, on the bright side, DH hates rides with drops. Maliboomer (when it was in DCA), TOT, now GOTG -- all a no go. But, RSR and IC? He loves those rides. No problems at all with the drops -- no wooziness, no stomach churning. So, when you feel ready, you might want to try IC just once. Use the tip given above about taking a deep breath just before the drop and screaming. Keep telling yourself that it's only this one time -- not a lifetime commitment. And give yourself time to think about it afterward. Hopefully, you'll find that it really isn't bad and that you like it!

I feel like the goofy drops are worse than incredicoasters. I also agree that since it changed I’m more focused on the story and don’t feel the ride as much (for me that’s a little sad - sometimes I try to be conscious about feeling the ride after a few times)

FWIW, I feel the stomach drop more on RSR hills than at any point on IC. The way the car on RSR crests the hill and drops is more sudden than the coaster.

If you sit in the front car of the coaster, you will hardly feel the drops at all. You will head down them slowly at first as the rest of the train crests the hill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter