Can I leave my points to more than one person?

auntsue

DIS Veteran
I NEVER plan on selling, but in the event of our death, we obviously plan on leaving our points to someone. We recently got 38 points through the lottery, same home resort, same use year. Our original purchase was 214. My question is this. Do I have two separate parcels of 38 and 214 points that I can leave to two different people, or has it become lumped together, and I have to leave all 252 points to one person?

In the event that I can leave it to two people, I'm assuming I can't split up the 214 points. Is that correct?

You have 2 contracts- one for 38 points and one for 214. They may be willed separately. You may not divide either contract.

You might check with an estate attorney for help, but you could also place the contracts in trust and direct how the points may be used in that fashion also.

Enjoy!

Doc,

Thanks for the info. Since they are so uneven, I don't know how we'll deal with it.

I like the trust idea, we'll have to look into it.

You could also list these 2 as co-owners. When you passed-on, they'd already be owners. Then they could share all the points any way they can work it out......spruce

You could also solve the whole problem and will them to me! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter