Can I make the 8:45 ELP and then the 10:30 Fantasmic?

KBFinFan

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

The first day that I will be at DL is a Sunday, and the only day for Fantasmic! and the ELP. I have balcony seats for the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic ( :cool1: ), and have to check-in around 10:00.

Is it possible to catch the parade at DCA, and then haul over to check-in on time?

Thanks!

It might be a little tight, just because you are going to be fighting crowds. There will be a large rush of people leaving DCA after ELP. Many of them will head to DL to finish off the day. There will be many people leaving DL at that point, because the first show of F! and the fireworks will be ending.

I would recomend either taking the train around to NOS or cutting thru the stores as you head up mainstreet, rather then using the side walk. Train is probably the best option though.

If you have a large group you might want to send one person ahead to check in. One person can get thru much quicker.

I recommend that you see the ELP at it's starting point in Paradise Pier, near Pizza Oom Mow Mow. Then cut through the Grizzly Peak/Condor Flats areas. You'll get to the park entrance before the parade ends in Sunshine Plaza and beat a lot of people out of the park. You should get into DL prior to the fireworks starting if you do that.

hlbtimes2 said:
I would recomend either taking the train around to NOS or cutting thru the stores as you head up mainstreet, rather then using the side walk. Train is probably the best option though.
I would take the train too. Avoids the fireworks crowd on Main Street which will be bad, bad, bad.

Yes, we did that two years ago, it's very possible. We were even at the end of the parade, where people were already walking behind it for quite a while. And we still made it over to DL in plenty of time for Fantasmic!

Of course 2 years ago they didn't have the fireworks that they do right now. Which makes the whole park bottle necked IMO. We found it just horrible to get anywhere at that time if you weren't waiting for the fireworks. I agree, take the train if you can.

Keep in mind that there will be lots of traffic directing going on also when you get to DL, so you may not be able to go certain directions.

In May we started out in DCA to see the ELP. we were in Sunshine Plaza. We watched some of the parade, then headed over to DL to get a spot to see the fireworks. We were lucky to get a spot a little ways in front of the entrance to Adventureland. Afterwards, there were several people that were trying to go through Adventureland to get to F! after the fireworks, but it was roped off and the CM's wouldn't let people through. People were being told to go through Frontierland for F!. Several people were very mad about it and got nasty, but the CM's were just trying to do some thing about the crowds. Basically they were trying to get everyone to go in one direction, you could come out of AL, but couldn't go in. Anyway ... we stood there until they opened the entrance to AL and walked from there to see F!. We didn't have reserved seating, but we were standing right behind where the sound boards are, so we had a pretty good view.

We did get to see everything in one night, although we missed some of the ELP, we saw all of the fireworks and F! with pretty good spots for both. However, it is only DH and I, so we have no kids/strollers to deal with.

After this lengthy post :sunny: .. you should be able to see all of the ELP and get to F! in plenty of time, just keep in mind the "traffic" directions. :thumbsup2 Taking the train is an excellent idea! :goodvibes

Thanks for the help on this thread. We're planning our strategy for October-hope they update the events calendar soon!

We did this just two weeks ago. We watched the parade near the DCA entrance then crossed over to DL. Since you have balcony seats it won't matter if you check in a little late. You're seats are assigned by when you purchased not when you check in. The train wasn't running so we just went up Main Street. I was crowded, but we made with plenty of time to spare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter