• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I purchase different amounts of days of park passes and still get dining?

borgthe

DIS Veteran
OK,

I'm confused on how to explain this. We are definitely going to Disney 12/2-12/9. Booked at GF with 8 day hoppers and dining with AAA discount.

If a really good AP rate comes out can we:

1. Buy one AP and get one adult a one day ticket, the other adult and child the 8 day hoppers, and all still get 7 days of dining?

2. Can we perchance buy the child the AP and get the discount and get the 2 adults the 8 day hoppers?

Thanks!

borgthe said:
OK,

I'm confused on how to explain this. We are definitely going to Disney 12/2-12/9. Booked at GF with 8 day hoppers and dining with AAA discount.

1. Buy one AP and get one adult a one day ticket, the other adult and child the 8 day hoppers, and all still get 7 days of dining?

2. Can we perchance buy the child the AP and get the discount and get the 2 adults the 8 day hoppers?

Thanks!

It is my understanding that to get the Dining Plan, all people on the package must have the same type and length of ticket. All tickets must match. If you need different tickets for people, you best bet is to book with only a 1 day base ticket for everyone in the party and then use those to upgrade when you arrive at Disney. You will be able to apply their value towards the purchase of an AP or other ticket etc. Since you want to use the AP for a room discount you will probably have to buy the AP in advance along with a 1 day base ticket. You can then just save the 1 day ticket and use it next year to renew the AP. I don't know how it works with AP's as far as purchasing a child's to get the discount so hopefully someone will have that answer for you!

borgthe said:
OK,

Well if you get the AP rate you can not purchase the dining plan.
I think AAA is the only discount that you can apply and still purchase the dining plan.

My understanding was that the dinning plan is based on the number of nights you stay in your resort not your ticket type. I seem to remember reading in the posts somewhere of AP holders buying a 1 day ticket and getting the dinning plan for the number of nights they were staying in the resort. Come to think of it though, I think that everyone in that family had an AP.

I was just checking on upgrading one of our regular tickets to an AP (because we might be able to go back within a year) and you can not use a child's AP to get the AP discount on a hotel room.

First, in order to be eligible for the Magic Your Way Dining Plan, you must purchase a package. A package is a room and the same park admission for each person on your reservation. Then each person must get the dining plan for the number of nights of your reservation.
You can purchase one day base passes for each person on your reservation, then after you check in upgrade each one or not to fit your needs.
To the best of my knowledge, Disney no longer allows an AP rate to be booked using a child's AP - given that anybody who qualifies for an AP at that price is not legally able to enter into a contract, including checking into a hotel.
And the above poster is correct - the MYW Dining Plan is tied to the number o nights of your reservation, not to the number of days on your park admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter