• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I walk from BC?

About 5 min to EP and about 25 to studios but I'd take the boat to studios.

Just know that unless the boat is pulling up to the dock, you will almost always beat it to DHS by walking

As others have said, Epcot and DHS are both walkable from the BC. It's about 1.4 miles to DHS (about the same whether you go via the Yacht Club or the Boardwalk) and about 0.25 miles to Epcot (may be closer depending on where are you in the resort).

The boat ride takes about 25 minutes from Epcot to DHS, once underway. It goes from Epcot -> BW/BWV -> YC/BC -> S/D -> DHS -> S/D -> YC/BC -> BW/BWV -> Epcot. The boat runs until one hour after park closing, so if Epcot is still open but DHS has been closed for a hour, the boats forgo the DHS leg of the route. One of the biggest drawbacks to the boat is that the dock is at the Yacht Club. So if you're staying at the BC, you'll have to walk over to the YC dock.

Whether walking is faster or slower depends on how fast you walk and how long you have to wait for the boat. My family uses the boat because there is already a lot of walking to do at WDW and we'd rather save our feet for inside the park. Either way, it's pretty easy to get to DHS and Epcot from the BC.

When I have stayed there, it is a very short walk. And especially when you can get in the back way to Epcot. Hollywood Studios takes a little longer. Like others have said, you should use the boat, especially in heat. :-)

Slightly off - topic, but can you walk to Fantasia Mini golf from BC/YC. I assume you can walk to the Swan/Dolphin and get to Fantasia from there..........but is there a walkway across the street?
The walk to the Studios is not too bad, about about the same time as the boat ........which is s-l-o-w .
We take the boat from BC, not because we want to save our feet ..........but because if we walk, we will have to pass the scary clown at the BWI pool ! :clown: :scared1: LOL.

Syndrome

There is no walkway to the mini golf. you must cross the street. I believe there is a designated crosswalk.

The walk to studios is actually really nice if good weather :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter