Can my 15yo son order from the kids menu?

Tink561

DIS Veteran
He's very picky and some of the restaurants don't offer things he'll like on the adult menu. I would be willing to pay a higer price if they want me to, just to get the kid's type food.

Have any of you ever done this?

I don't know if all of them will let you do this but some do. I myself have ordered from the children's menu

Both my sons (13 and 15) ordered off the kids menu several times in June. In fact, I ordered off the kids menu myself a couple of times! Even at buffets, anyone can get food from the kids section, although you'll pay the adult price in those cases.

Just got back yesterday and I ate off the kid's menuall week, and I'm 40. I'm just not a big eater. Had no problems at all.

Have fun!!

My question is: Do they let adults order off the kids menu in table service restaurants and do they charge a higher price? I know that it would be no problem at counter-service. I doubt your son would have a problem anyway being only 15 but I'm curious for myself.

Ali

Yes, he can order off of the kids menu. I do quite frequently, even my mom orders off of the kids menu l0l. They don't charge you extra either.

Yep, one great thing about Disney is they let anyone order from the kid's menu. This is a great money-saving tip since the portions are large and a kids meal is plenty for an adult.

my mom and I got the kids meal at the sci fi once because we were not very hungry, and the server would not let us have the soda that comes with it. kinda not fair as we paid for it, so we just had water.

disneysteve said:
Yep, one great thing about Disney is they let anyone order from the kid's menu. This is a great money-saving tip since the portions are large and a kids meal is plenty for an adult.

I just wanted to tell you that your 2nd quote is great...I just cut and paste it into my email signature. It's so very true.... : )

Hates anything with anykind of spice or any different kind of flavor. Hates sauces, dips, chili spice, pepper. I hate that she hates everything. All she will eat is Mac & Cheese, Cheeseburger, Cheese Pizza, Fettuchini, steak with no weird spice on it, etc. etc. Thanks for the input, I know we will be trying the kids meals for her this February. DS-7 though, He wants to eat the good stuff LOL! No problems with that kid!

Could anyone list the actual restaurants where they were allowed to order kids' meals for someone older than 11, and what was ordered? I'm taking a 13-year-old friend of my son's with us next week to WDW, and he is a picky eater. He, too, does not care for any sauces, spices, etc.---everything is pretty bland! While visiting WDW in October with him, he was able to order the kids' spaghetti without sauce at Tony's in MK, but that was the only place I remember. Thanks!

I've taken my 14 yo picky eater and she always orders off the kids menu at WDW (and usually everywhere else!) She makes me ask for her, though, because she's really tall for her age and looks older than 14.

Sci-Fi Dine-In, Rose & Crown, 50's Prime-time--I don't remember having a problem at any wdw restaurant. I wish they'd count her as a child at the buffets though. When we went to Chef Mickeys, I paid adult price for her to eat a mini-muffin and a few slices of bacon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter