Can my Florida resident father buy my 4 year old an annual pass?

Michelle Mohr

Earning My Ears
My father is coming with us to magic kingdom next month. I thought maybe we can get my son an annual pass since we will be going two more times within the year. Is he able to just buy him the pass? His license isnt updated yet so he would have to show other proof of residency thats why it has to be done in person.

Yes your father will be able to purchase a pass for your 4years old.
Your father has to leave in Fla. SOOO if he lives in Fl , he has to have a FL driver license. The state gives you 30days once you move.

FL issues you a license on the spot, and then he could do all of this online. Sounds like he needs a new license.

This could cause chaos in your MDE, because your child will have to belong to him in the system. You can share planning, but this can be tricky.

My father is coming with us to magic kingdom next month. I thought maybe we can get my son an annual pass since we will be going two more times within the year. Is he able to just buy him the pass? His license isnt updated yet so he would have to show other proof of residency thats why it has to be done in person.
Question ~ is he a full time or part time resident? I think that impacts some of the answers you have gotten.

If he is full time and in his permanent home, it would be easier if he just got his license or state ID before you arrived.

Question ~ is he a full time or part time resident? I think that impacts some of the answers you have gotten.

If he is full time and in his permanent home, it would be easier if he just got his license or state ID before you arrived.
Hes full time. We tried to get his license, but he doesnt have a birth certificate anymore. We tried getting one from NYS online, but his name isnt matching up. My grandparents are from Italy and they gave him a different name in Italian. He has like two middle names on there. He cant remember exactly what it was. How on earth SS let him use another name on his SS card I dont know.

Hes full time. We tried to get his license, but he doesnt have a birth certificate anymore. We tried getting one from NYS online, but his name isnt matching up. My grandparents are from Italy and they gave him a different name in Italian. He has like two middle names on there. He cant remember exactly what it was. How on earth SS let him use another name on his SS card I dont know.
WOW, that does not sound like fun.

I am assuming he has his NY license or ID. I would make sure he has a couple of the items they are looking for when you go. I am part time and always take three proofs along with my ID.

Not sure what NY is like but I was trying to get BC for my grandmother (I do Ancestry) in NJ. They did a search based on a window of years born, addresses lived at and name I gave them. Turns out I never knew my Grandmother had a different first name but they still found it. Took about 3 mos but best money spent.

FL issues you a license on the spot, and then he could do all of this online. Sounds like he needs a new license.

This could cause chaos in your MDE, because your child will have to belong to him in the system. You can share planning, but this can be tricky.
I have us all shared together on MDE. Were having trouble getting a copy of his birth certificate from New York otherwise he'd have an ID already.

WOW, that does not sound like fun.

I am assuming he has his NY license or ID. I would make sure he has a couple of the items they are looking for when you go. I am part time and always take three proofs along with my ID.

Not sure what NY is like but I was trying to get BC for my grandmother (I do Ancestry) in NJ. They did a search based on a window of years born, addresses lived at and name I gave them. Turns out I never knew my Grandmother had a different first name but they still found it. Took about 3 mos but best money spent.
my grandparents gave all my aunts and uncles crazy names that match none of their SS cards. 😂

I had that similar problem with a relative. SS and IRS recognize him under a different name than his legal name. We had to fix it by just getting a court ordered name change.

Yes & no. I had a very bad experience with a CM who took away my ticket w/o telling me because he thought someone else had bought a FL resident ticket for me. Long story, but I had 2 tix & asked him to check their viability. He became suspicious & argumentative, then I walked way with what I thought was the FL resident ticket, which was worth HUNDRED of dollars. He'd taken it & lied about what he'd done -- I guess he took it very personally. Of course, I didn't realize until it was too late & have clearly never gotten over being essentailly robbed by a CM.

I have us all shared together on MDE. Were having trouble getting a copy of his birth certificate from New York otherwise he'd have an ID already.

This isn't going to work. It will have to be his MDE, which will authenticate him as a FL resident, once he gets an ID. You can also use the list of other stuff from the Disney website in person.

It also has to be bought with a FL credit card.

After I moved to FL, I was able to purchase a FL resident pass for myself using my FL billing address and just verify my address when I activated my pass using my most recent mortgage payment. I did not have a FL license at the time (priorities). Would OP’s father not be able to do the same thing for his grandchild assuming his billing address is in FL?

After I moved to FL, I was able to purchase a FL resident pass for myself using my FL billing address and just verify my address when I activated my pass using my most recent mortgage payment. I did not have a FL license at the time (priorities). Would OP’s father not be able to do the same thing for his grandchild assuming his billing address is in FL?
If Father belongs to OP's MDE (like a child), and OP is not a FL resident, then Father can't be a FL resident. It authenticates the MDE and requires FL billing address and credit card.

Father needs his own MDE, set himself up as a FL resident, and he can authenticate that several ways.

If Father belongs to OP's MDE (like a child), and OP is not a FL resident, then Father can't be a FL resident. It authenticates the MDE and requires FL billing address and credit card.

Father needs his own MDE, set himself up as a FL resident, and he can authenticate that several ways.
my dad has his own MDE and were all connected.

he would have to show other proof of residency thats why it has to be done in person.
Just to clarify because I can't tell from this thread...he can buy the AP now and activate it when you are there before entering a park. There is no need to wait to buy the AP until you arrive, and depending on your dates your son could be locked out of theme park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter