Can someone fill me in on DeMolay?

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
DS16 received a membership "recommendation" from this organization. I have never heard of them. So I figure if anyone can enlighten me, it would be my DIS buddies. So what's the scoop on DeMolay?

If I remember right, it's the organization for boys who then can be Masons in the Masonic Temple. Their organization for girls is called Order of Rainbow or something like that. Can't help any further than this though. Been a long time since my dad was involved & he passed away in 2003.

its the male version of JOBS daughers and rainbow for girls. Its a pretty good group with lots of masonic ties. they do lots of fun activites. My best freind was a Jobie from 10-18 and honored queen twice.

Thanks for the replies.
How does DeMolay compare to Boy Scouts?

mom2boys,
DeMolay is a character and leadership building organization for young men ages 12-20 years old. It does have some ties to the Masonic fraternity in that they are generally the sponsors of the chapters, but they do not have to be. DeMolay chapters often meet in the Masonic centers because they are usually given the space rent free.
In comparison with the Boy Scouts, DeMolay often teases that Boy Scouts do outdoors, and we do indoors. While you may learn knots, and fire building in scouts, you will learn public speaking, parlimentary procedure, time management, etc with DeMolay.
Sometimes people who don't know any better claim DeMolay is a secret organization, but thats not true at all. They do however have "secrets" like handshakes, and passwords, but what kind of boy's club would they be without those? :^) There are no secrets from parents and all activities are supervised by criminally background checked trained adults.

For more information their website is the triple w's and then demolay.org
Or feel free to post any more questions you many have.

Was just looking up information and decided to search DeMolay on this forum. I am a PMC from Clifton Chapter in NJ. Awesome organization I tell you.

My dad was in the DeMolay organization back in the 60's. He still has his certificate!

He doesn't say much about it - there probably wasn't much pot to smoke at the meetings so he undoubtedly didn't have much interest.

To me, the word "Demolay" always sounded like the name of an ancient Sumerian demon (and yes, I know it's just the last name of some guy).

This thread is so old, I was a member when it was first posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter