Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to "parent/child swap"???

misscampbells

Disboard Junkie in Idaho
Hi there everyone,
In December we plan on going to Disneyland with our ds (7) and our dd (2). This will be the first time I have gone with kids where we had to take turns riding. How does it actually work? Is it possible for me to ride with my son and then when we get back, my husband ride with my son? Or does one parent just have to ride by themselves when everyone comes back?

The other question is: If we have fastpasses, can my son and I use them and then get a parent pass (or whatever they are called) and then have my son use my husbands fast pass and my husband use the parent pass when it's the next turn?

Any details would be appreciated, I'm a planning nazi and want to know how the whole thing works before we get there, so I can plan rides accordingly.

Kathy

I can tell you what I remember from my trip to DL in 1999 (I don't have kids, so I don't use this option):

I was with friends who had a 7 YO daughter. We were going on the Indiana Jones ride, and since Meg couldn't ride it, her parents had to swap. I believe they went in the exit and were given a pass. I rode with mom while dad stayed with Meg; then when it was dad's turn, he made me ride with him. I don't remember if we had fast passes for this ride. Maybe someone else can give you better details. My story was more for your question about your son riding twice. Have fun!

First, ask the CM at the entrance for a child swap pass. One parent and another person (or most of the party other that one adult and the child who is not riding) will go in through the regular entrance carrying the pass. After they get off the other parent and one other person can take the pass and go on. Most rides will have you go in through the exit, but a few will send you through the FP line as the exits can't double as an entrance. The CM at the front of the line should give you intrsructions on where to go. So yes, your 7YO will get to ride everything twice.

We used this a couple of weeks ago. The CM gave us a parent pass (it was called something like that). When my DH and sons finished the ride, one of my sons and I got to go on. At WDW you can take two people with you but at DL you can only take one so I had to choose. Oy! LOL We always walked through the fastpass line when doing the parent swap.

You only need to have fastpasses for the people entering the ride the first time. In other words, you and your son need a fastpass to enter the ride, but your husband, once he gets the baby swap paper from the CM, will not need a fastpass. This is a way you can obtain fastpasses for two different rides at the same time (use your ticket for one and your DH's ticket for another). :thumbsup2

I've have a couple of sons i'll swap. One is 20,the other is 16,both going on 35.So place your bids and send them to darph nader in So Az. Highest bidder will be notified in 4-6 wks. :rotfl2:

No,food is NOT included. :rolleyes:

darph nader said:
I've have a couple of sons i'll swap. One is 20,the other is 16,both going on 35.So place your bids and send them to darph nader in So Az. Highest bidder will be notified in 4-6 wks. :rotfl2:

No,food is NOT included. :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter