Can someone tell me the real deal when booking a ps with a cc?

CatOne

Mouseketeer
Just curious, I received two different answers from Disney dining so I thought I would consult the true professionals:-) when you book with a cc do they charge your card or do they simply hold it and charge you IF you do not show up or cancel within the proper time frame. I know they charge for CP and I know they go ahead and charge for CRT (it has already been deducted from my card) but what about Princess Storybook, the hold for Fantasmic and for Christmas (holiday) meals? Thank you for any help!!

CatOne

The only one I know for sure about is the Princess Storybook. I was told it was just a hold and they would not charge it unless we did not show up and I had 48 hours to cancel.

Last year when we did Fantasmic I was told I would be charged when I booked it and I had actually used my debit card to pay for it but was not charged until we went there for dinner. Not sure if it has changed or not.

Depends on the meal you're booking for.

For the breakfast at Cinderella's Castle at MK, they will charge a per person DEPOSIT. You give your credit card and it's charged immediately. If you don't cancel within the cancellation window, and you don't show up, you'll forfeit the deposit.

For the Norway breakfast they'll take your credit card number to hold the PS and if you dont' cancel or show up you'll be charged a no show fee. This is also true of PS's made at WDW restaurants on major holidays (including Mother's Day and Valentine's Day). If they ask for your credit card number, this is generally why they are doing it. It's also done when booking for groups larger than 20.

For things like the food & wine festival and the Candlelight Processional dinner, you prepay by credit card. I think the Fantasmic package is now handled that way, although the last time I actually did it, it was not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter