Can We Pull.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

5onadime

Mouseketeer
Can we pull a 37 foot Spree travel trailer (uvw 5200, gvwr 7000) with a Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2 ltr engine? It has a towing capacity of 7700-8000 pounds. I am more concerned with the length in relation to the length of our tv. Advice would be great.

I'm thinking you are in the tail wagging the dog category with this trailer and that tow vehicle. Not only is this a long trailer for that vehicle, but I'm betting if you weighed the fully loaded trailer and took into consideration the weight of passengers and luggage in the TV, you would be over your weight limit.

in a word, no. I have a friend of mine that almost died on 95 pulling a similar setup.

Thanks for the quick replies. My husband has grave concerns about pulling that length of trailer. We have a Frontier 25bunkhouse with the queen bed slide in the rear. With 3 boys (14, 11 and 9) things are getting a little tight and I wanted to go bigger. Hubby sometimes goes overboard with his tape measure and calculator when studying these things. ;) The sales person said (of course ) it would be fine with the right hitch. Just wanted unbiased opinions.

don't always listen to the salesmen, they will sometimes tell you anything to make a sale. DO NOT try to pull that trailer with your TV. I find it hard to believe that a 37' only weighs 7000 lbs. I would check that close.

I agree with erveryone else. The 7000lbs is probably without any options and is closer to 8000lbs or so.

Can we pull a 37 foot Spree travel trailer (uvw 5200, gvwr 7000) with a Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2 ltr engine? It has a towing capacity of 7700-8000 pounds. I am more concerned with the length in relation to the length of our tv. Advice would be great.

The posts so far is why I have said and will continue to say this is the wrong place to get good towing info. You need to go to a dedicated towing/RV Site like RV.NET and get much better and more accurate info. Stand by for those that want to slam me on my view of this since they will come, but I'm posting to help you to make the right decision and not just support DIS or this website. Here is why I say this ...

1. At a gvwr of 7000 you might have a less than comfortable towing experience since you are close to what the max towing wt you quote is since that max towing wt. generally only includes like 5 gal of gas and one 150lb driver and any more wt. than that reduces the max towing wt. Also, it might be based on towing something like a boat that is in a whole different league than towing a TT "BRICK".

2. You can eliminate the dreaded TV WB to TT length issues, but it's expensive since if you can get it requires something along the line of an Hensley Arrow or Pro Pride hitch that bascialy makes your bumper tow TT onto a 5er.

There is a current thread over on RV.NET with an owner wanting to tow a 6800lb TT with a DENALI and most say you are at or over your limits to do it currently ... That's my assessment so look, join and make your own decision.

To help you out THIS THREAD is the one I was referring to and has actiually Denali or similar TV owners comments that as of this post do not. This is why I say and will continue to say this is the wrong forum to get the best information.

Larry

The posts so far is why I have said and will continue to say this is the wrong place to get good towing info. You need to go to a dedicated towing/RV Site like RV.NET and get much better and more accurate info. Stand by for those that want to slam me on my view of this since they will come, but I'm posting to help you to make the right decision and not just support DIS or this website. Here is why I say this ...

1. At a gvwr of 7000 you might have a less than comfortable towing experience since you are close to what the max towing wt you quote is since that max towing wt. generally only includes like 5 gal of gas and one 150lb driver and any more wt. than that reduces the max towing wt. Also, it might be based on towing something like a boat that is in a whole different league than towing a TT "BRICK".

2. You can eliminate the dreaded TV WB to TT length issues, but it's expensive since if you can get it requires something along the line of an Hensley Arrow or Pro Pride hitch that bascialy makes your bumper tow TT onto a 5er.

There is a current thread over on RV.NET with an owner wanting to tow a 6800lb TT with a DENALI and most say you are at or over your limits to do it currently ... That's my assessment so look, join and make your own decision.

Larry

I don't understand, Larry. It seems that your assessment pretty much agrees with what we have said, but yet you're saying our information is incorrect. What gives? So far, everybody has said the situation is a bad one, and this is coming from some pretty experienced individuals.

Because it didn't come from RV net, therefore it's not truly accurate.

Nice people make an effort to help the OP and once again Larry you throw us under the bus, downplay our efforts and push your beloved RV.net.
I for one am tired of your arrogant condecinding attitude here.

Larry, instead of automatically saying there is no experience here on the DIS, including a link which can be helpful is fine but I am getting a little irritated hearing we don't know poop here. I personally have pulled campers, 30 some odd foot boats that weigh tons and horse trailers that haul 6-8 horses. I've pulled bumpers and 5'ers and I'll back anything you got in your bedroom closet blindfolded.

Pulling live weight is way different than pulling dead. I've actually had people from my moms barn ask me to help them put tow vehicles with their trailer so as not to buy wrong the 1st time. I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I have been towing for 28 years and accident free. I'm very careful to check tire pressures, lights, hitch couplings and you name it.

There are a ton of people pulling campers and trailers on the road who have no idea what the difference between a gvw and a teaspoon are. I think you would get a much warmer welcome if you would offer in plain english, a simplified answer instead of us needing a translator. What I'm saying is, I'm sure you have plenty of helpful knowledge that will help other posters and be much appreciated. Everyone here brings a wealth of knowledge and should be respected rather than being put down. If you want to add a link to rv.net that will help, then great. I just think if people who ask these questions wanted an rv.net answer they'd go to frickin rv.net. Some people just feel more comfortable asking here. Hopefully this puts an end to remarks that needn't be posted.

I am a member of rv.net Sure there is some good info there. Just like any website. But the info you get here is much more helpful. And the people don't act like they know everything. I haven't seen anyone here claiming to be an rv expert. So I guess i am not smart enough to be on rv.net. I will just cancel my account.

So Larry, I want to know what your trailer towing experience is. You seem to know as much or more than anybody I have ever met.

How many miles have you towed trailers, what type of trailers? What types of TV's have you had?

I for one, am getting pretty tired of being told that the people on this board don't know what they are talking about. I can be almost 100% POSITVE that I have towed 12' to 54' trailers farther than almost anyone on this board, and probably more than most of those the beloved RV.NET. I have towed 20', 26' and 32' tag trailers 100k a year for 6 or 7yrs, I have pulled at 36' goose, a 48' goose and for a limited time a 54' goose (till it broke in half, bad trailer) I have pulled 18' landscape trailers unknown miles for years as well. I have pulled a 30 TT, and the new 34' TT, back and forth to fl, many times as well as many other trips.

I have owned 3 f-350 duallies, 2 f-250 srw, untold f-150's. My old boss had at least 3 f-350's I drove as well. Heck we even had a chevy once!

I am getting REALLY TIRED OF YOUR CONDESENDING attitude about us here. I generally don't responde to the towing questions, because they are usually answered very well. If I see something that I THINK may be wrong or unsafe, I will voice my opinion, but not tell the OP to disregard they information that they have already recieved.

I am really starting to wonder if you are recieving a per click fee for every person you herd over to that other place.

Give us your opinion, your help, and you "expertise" but not the attitude huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter