Can We Take The Skyliner To The Boat? An Aug/Sep 2022 TR (Complete)

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
Hello internet friends and welcome to my third Trip Report! As I have found over and over again, no one in real life wants this level of detail about how our vacation went. :rotfl2: I’m so happy to have fellow Disers who do want the nitty, gritty details.

If you want to check back on our planning for this trip, start with the PTR here.

iIL8wcUh.jpg

The Players

Mhi2MVPh.jpg

I’m Christine, a researcher and planner who takes the increasingly complex process of traveling to Disney as an opportunity to “win” at vacation. And, I am competitive (certain friends just don’t play board games with me anymore).

YpwE9NMh.jpg

Hubby, my other half, my partner in crime, one of the people who strongly dislikes playing board games with me. :rotfl: When we took our first family trip in 2019, he jumped on the planning bandwagon at about day 55, after ADRs and FPs (RIP) were firmly set. Since, then, however, he has stayed in the loop through podcasts, message boards, and twitter; he is very much in the Disney know with me. He is not competitive about touring, but you can’t win them all…

XECqThEh.jpg

The girls, the stars of the show and the reason for Disney World vacations. In case you’re new to my TRs: yes, they are identical triplets. I was equally as surprised. 😊 They were eight years old on this trip, a last hurrah before they started third grade. We actually found out their new class assignments and were following FB threads of who had which other kids in their classes on the bus to the resort. I’m sure the other passengers were totally confused as I was announcing, “B has Elizabeth from Girl Scouts. A has C’s friend Charlotte.” Which, quick backtrack, since they are all DD8s, I use A, B, and C, references to their ultrasound and birth order. When the initials get super confusing in the sentence structure, it’ll be Aurora, Belle, and Cindy.

D4mOIlsh.jpg

Aurora, first born by less than a minute. We found out on this trip that she is the most impacted by lack of sleep and needed more coaxing than her sisters as the trip went on.

lo2IMo3h.jpg

Belle, second child and the peacemaker. When everyone is butting heads, she’s the first one to give in to try to restore calm.

fjCcOtph.jpg

Cindy, third child but not in attitude or energy. She and her sisters are all natural leaders, which makes many of our family decisions too-many-cooks scenarios. She was the most physically affected by the rough schedule, with complaints of her head or stomach starting to hurt, often when we were about to board a more challenging ride.

All of the girls came out of the pandemic with some anxiety surrounding pain or sadness. They don’t like depictions of violence, bad guys, or war. They are also more timid than the beforetimes about trying new thrill rides, especially coasters or things that go backwards. In the leadup to the trip, we discussed the fact that there would be bad guys in some rides, but that the good guys would always win. And, we discussed roller coaster intensity for the rides they hadn’t done yet. In the comfort and safety of their home, they all agreed they would try any ride once. They way that played out as park exhaustion set in, well, I guess you’ll have to wait and see…

The Game

August 25th to September 4th at Boardwalk Villas, with 8-day hopper plus tickets and one MNSSHP thrown in. We purposely booked a long trip (11 days, 10 nights) because we knew August would be HOT and we wanted to be able to take lots of midday breaks while still fitting everything in. We have also determined, after some gastro fireworks on past flights, that we absolutely cannot try to combine park time and travel days. No matter how much we want to eek out every last magical moment, the girls’ motion sickness makes that untenable.

H16gnHTh.jpg

We were lucky enough to rent points for this trip, so our room cost was under $250 a night, well below what CBR and POR 5th sleepers were going for at the same time. Points rental: pay a stranger on the internet thousands of dollars but get an awesome deal!!

I kept detailed notes with exactly how long things took and how much we spent. So, if time stamps and food budgets sound like fun to you, I’d love you have you join along as I relive our incredible vacation!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m here and looking forward to following along! Oh the motion sickness I feel ya on that one, my girls get it and it is such a bummer! I am excited to hear about your trip we overlapped a bit so always fun to see how other people days went!

Love this start!! And yes people outside of disboards just don’t appreciate the level of work it takes to win at Disney vacations. We do. Bring on the details!!

We were also there over Labour Day weekend, look forward to seeing your experiences and impressions.

My DD also has some anxieties that she didn’t before the pandemic :(

Following along! You know us Disers love the nitty gritty details - I love how detailed your TRs are! Also your girls look SO grown up compared to your last TR! Excited to read more.

I`m here! Happy to see you are starting your trip report :) I can understand the exhaustion when getting home from a long trip, especially with 3 kids and then adding starting school on top of that!

This is amazing! Following as I am planning a trip for my twins for their 9th birthday. I too use A and B to refer to them. It just makes things easy. I am also a Disney is a sport believer and and somewhat sad I have all my ADRs booked and nothing left to plan. I am a bad mom and taking them out of school for two weeks.,…… thanks for doing this I am looking forward to the read.

What a beautiful family you have!
We were just at Disney too and our dates overlapped with yours. Looking forward to hearing about your experience. It's great that you were able to go for 10 days so you could work around August weather. It was hot, but also found that the showers had an impact with shutting down rides and having to grab shelter for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter