Can you bring your own beach umbrella at Aulani?

twodogs

DIS Veteran
I don't really want to pay to rent one each day. Can we bring our own (buy at target or Costco, for example)?

If you are staying at Aulani you can use the umbrellas that are set up near the pools and on the beach free of charge.

Ok super. I found this on the Aulani site:
Chairs, Loungers and Umbrellas
  • Beach Chairs: Complimentary to Aulani Guests
  • Beachside Casabella (2-Seat Lounger With Awning): $75 for a full day—same-day reservations available on a first-come, first-served basis for use between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM
  • Umbrellas: Complimentary to Aulani Guests
But I was confused because the "Hawaii" section here on the Dis said you had to rent them:

Rental Prices:

• Snorkel Set: $10 hourly, $15 half day, $20 full day
  • Single Kayak: $20 hourly
  • Double Kayak: $30 hourly
  • Stand up Paddle Board: $30 hourly, $75 half day
  • Beach Umbrella: $15 half day, $40 full day
  • Double Chase Lounge Chair: $30 half day, $40 full day (not included with recreation pass)
Maybe it has changed and the Dis has the older information?

the ones you pay for are large wooden lounges with umbrella on the edge of the grass and beach,
very comfortable and when u reserve them you don't have to get up early to snatch the free ones.

the ones you pay for are large wooden lounges with umbrella on the edge of the grass and beach,
very comfortable and when u reserve them you don't have to get up early to snatch the free ones.

Can you reserve the ahead of time or is it first come first served?

We were there for a week didn't pay for any umbrellas at all, they are everywhere on the beach and by the pools...The only thing you pay for is if you want the private area with service, really found no need to do that... Place is great !!!

I would think you could bring your own as the beach is public, however we did not pay for an umbrella last summer. I remember sitting under one while my husband and daughter went paddle boarding.

Ko Olina prohibits the use of umbrellas on certain parts of the beach.... You may want to call Aulani and check this out before bringing/buying an umbrella or other type of shade. the beach in front of Marriott does not allow umbrellas at all; I believe it's a Ko Olina rule and not a Marriott rule. There were some unhappy Marriott people when Aulani built and was permitted to have umbrellas! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter