Can you enter the park without Disney App?

Suprisingly my old iphone 6 when I sucessfully downloaded the app is still alive, there is an icon of the MDE App alive, but whenever I try to open it, it immediately closes. Nothing to do. Second hand phone is a good idea. Of course I'll buy american sim card, but as said already it will not help, it is the App store which checks your set country before offering you a list of applications available in your region.

Also I don't know how to use Genie. Not such a pro.
What i undertood about the parks and what is missed by most international tourists, is that you have to read a schedule. First there is 12 o clock dancing in the main square, then there is a Parade, then there is an electrical parade. All not to be missed. Many tourists wait in a line to attractions at those times, miss all the most interesting and then write negative comments on trip advisor.

Last edited:
When I said "throw a way" I was talking about the pay as you go phones. Not second hand
I've never used one but the country you are from shouldn't matter.
You buy these at a local store, buy limited service of some sort, this is where I have no idea exactly what is involved only that they are US based. So if they can run apps, it should work.
Now, is it cost effective, even if it does work? That's another question to solve.

Here's one I hear advertisements for all the time
https://www.straighttalk.com/

This seems to review several choices
https://www.usnews.com/360-reviews/services/cell-phone-plans/best-prepaid-cell-phone-plans

Guys, I browsed the site and found my old Magic band 2016 there. I scared to delete it or report lost, scared that my reservations will be deleted.

Guys, I browsed the site and found my old Magic band 2016 there. I scared to delete it or report lost, scared that my reservations will be deleted.
If you have your 2016 MB and it’s listed in your MDE account website as Active, don’t do anything! Bring it to WDW when you come. (If it’s listed as Deactivated, then click to activate it.) It will still work for park entry, charging to your Disney resort account, and opening your Disney resort room door. It doesn’t need a battery for those things. The only thing it might not do is link ride photos to your account, because it does need the battery, and a 2016 MB battery might not work.

Your MB can’t do anything to cancel your reservations. Only the MDE website or app can do that. Think of your MDE account as a big locked box. In that box are your resort reservation, your park tickets, your dining reservations and your park reservations. When you tap your MB Mickey to Mickey, the MB opens the lock and pulls out whatever you need at that moment. And your 2016 MB will do that just as well as a brand new one. So if you have that MB with you and you have all those reservations linked to your MDE account, you’ll be able to do those things.

I just don’t know whether there’s a way to buy Genie+ or book Genie+LLs, ILL$ or VQ via the website. I think you need a cell phone or a tablet with the MDE app on it to do those things. Would it be possible to buy an inexpensive small tablet here in the US? As long as it can connect to WDW WiFi, you could load the MDE app there.

You absolutely CAN do Disney without a smart phone! In September, I went out to MK one night without my family and forgot my phone back at the resort. There are still kiosks everywhere to help you book the LL's if you want. Don't stress. Just print out the confirmation page with the 18 digit number, go to any ticket booth and they can give you a plastic ticket. You don't need to buy another magic band if you don't want to. You can just use your ticket card they give you.

You absolutely CAN do Disney without a smart phone! In September, I went out to MK one night without my family and forgot my phone back at the resort. There are still kiosks everywhere to help you book the LL's if you want. Don't stress. Just print out the confirmation page with the 18 digit number, go to any ticket booth and they can give you a plastic ticket. You don't need to buy another magic band if you don't want to. You can just use your ticket card they give you.
Had no idea. That's great to know in case of a phone issue of some sort. Where abouts are these kiosks located? I've never seen one, not that I've looked mind you. But I have noticed the old Fast Pass ones are removed.

I have never seen the Kiosks.. Been twice since LL started. Maybe I am blind tho. If you could say where some were that would defiantly help!

May be anyone knows the answer? What are the working hours of ticket center in Disney Springs and the kiost at Magic Kingdom? Can't find this information online.

You said that you made a reservation right? Then you have an account with MDE. That's enough.
A magic band or ticket card is like a key to your account. I guess your magic band will work (I de-activated and re-activated my magic band, and it worked. Though if your magic band is in de-activated state and you try to use it, it will blink blue), or go to guest relations to get another "key" (likely a ticket card).
Though experience will be completely different without the app, so I would still trying on researching on the app hacking route.

Last edited:
May be anyone knows the answer? What are the working hours of ticket center in Disney Springs and the kiost at Magic Kingdom? Can't find this information online.
The DS Ticket Center: When and Where
• Sunday-Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
• Friday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
• Located in Town Center, near Disney Springs Welcome Center, Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza and D-Luxe Burger

GR and ticket booths at the parks usually open about an hour before the park opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter