Can you have a wedding ceremony but not a reception?

chloebob

Mouseketeer
Hi. My fiance and I have decided we want to get married in disney and it will be just us and our parents for a total of 6 people. I know this is an intimate wedding but the packages seem to include a reception. Since we are on a budget, it would probably be cheaper for the 6 of us to just go to lunch or dinner after (depending on the time). Sorry if this sounds confusing, I just don't want to talk with someone fron Disney, until I have an idea of what we want. (hope that makes sense.) Also, our wedding isn't until May 28, 2005. (I know it's early and we can't book anything till next May, we are just trying to figure out how much this will cost. ) Any tips or ideas are welcome! :)

Thank You so much!!
Megan

The intimate wedding package includes a cake/champagne reception; we had our wedding at the Wedding Pavilion, then we went to Commander's Terrace at the GF for this. It doesn't take long, we had a solo violinist (included in the package), cut the cake, danced, and that was that. We went to the GF tea lounge afterward, but that was not part of the package.

You can also do the add-on intimate package, that's what we did. This just includes the wedding-related items, not hotel/park passes. For our Feb. 2003 intimate at the Pavilion it was $2960. You have to have rooms already reserved on-property; then they add the package to your existing reservation. This way you don't have to stay at a deluxe hotel and can save some money that way. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside.

Don't be afraid to call Disney:-) When I called it was summer of 2001, so quite a while before our date. You can't book your date, but you can get information. I knew we wanted (and could afford;-) ) the intimate package, but I requested both the information for custom and intimate weddings. That way you get to see the FTW video; that sold our parents on the idea and we had fun sharing it with our families.

Did you look around at www.yourfairytale.com yet? That ha...ceive lots of great ideas:-) Best wishes!!

I got the impression - and I may be wrong - that the "reception" part of the Intimate Wedding gives you the opportunity to get the "traditional" wedding photos in a shorter time span... The toast, the cake, a dance... then you can do what you prefer for a meal if you even want to do one at all... We did a Custom Wedding - so again I may be wrong - but I that is what I've gathered from what I've read.

My sister is having exactly that. An intimate wedding ceremony followed by a brief cake, toast, first dance reception to keep costs down. Not a traditional reception (dinner, dancing, etc.) Then, later that evening we are all going to a nice dinner and she has a private dessert party booked at Epcot where we will watch Illuminations.

thank you! I requested the brochure and video for both the intimate and custom weddings so hopefully they'll arrive soon!!

There is a $3,000 minimum you have to spend on the Intimate Wedding. Having the ceremony in the Wedding Pavilion is an additional cost above this minimum.

I don't think the Intimate has a minimum. It's just a package you buy. I think the $3000 range is for 4 nights/ 5 days at a moderate resort plus your wedding at one of the gazebos. Then you can get a premium package that is a little more (not sure how much) that includes the Wedding Pavillion.
Jess

Just thought I'd chime in here, as I've done lots of research on this...

For $3,000, the Intimate package includes 4 nights at a moderate, 2 4-day park hopper tickets, cake, champagne, choice of site, officiant, grooms boutineer, brides bouquet, a tote bag with some goodies in it, 4-hour limosine charter...I think that's it. The site choices for your ceremony are the Yacht Club Gazebo, Seabreeze Point, Sunset Point at the Polynesian, and Sunrise Terrace at the Wilderness Lodge.

For $3,800, you get the same package, except with your ceremony at the wedding pavilion.

With any, you have a short, cake and champagne reception somewhere close by. At the wedding pavilion, you get to use toe Commander's Terrace at the GF; at the others, it is often right next to the ceremony location, whether it is inside or outside...at least this is what photos have led me to believe.

Many couples opt to forgoe this "reception", and instead have their cake delivered to a Disney restaurant (not in the parks), where they have a nicer, sit down wedding meal with their guests. V & A's, Citricos, California Grill, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, and Artists Point are all popular places that people have done this, though you can do whatever you want!

You could also do a pontoon boat cruise after the ceremony. Fireworks cruises are very popular, and fun, so you might want to consider it. They can even cater the boat with things like sandwiches, champagne, etc.

Call FTW, though, to get more details. All of this info I have gotten either straight off the website, or from other Disney brides. But do your homework, and have fun!

The Disney Wedding info lists Intimate Packages as starting at $3,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter