• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you help clarify - Port Arrival Time with Hyatt MCO booked on own vs disney

Joel0917

DIS Veteran
This is my 7th cruise, but made a sadly rookie mistake. I didn't log on when i should have for online check in and waited. now i have a 1pm PAT. We generally love to get there 1100 and board in an early group. Usually we are boarding group 5 or 6 at the worst when i select 11am PAT.

But now i have PAT of 1pm.

so here is what i want to know. I already have a room booked on my hyatt points at HYATT MCO for the night before. If i now use DCL transporation, do i get a boarding group assigned based on coming on the bus or still will it reflect my 1pm PAT and give me a higher boarding group.

does it matter if i book through Disney for Hyatt.
i've read conflicting information, so now tempted to rebook Hyatt through Disney and add DCL transfers. Then is my boarding time now based on arrival and my chosen PAT is not even necessary.

I've read dozens of threads, and pre 2018 it looked like boarding group was assigned at airport check in but now it changed to all check in is at the port.

Can anyone give me solid answers and your experience. Specifically, if you had already selected at PAT of later like myself, 1pm. But then did DCL transfers with hyatt (on your own or through Disney) and what was the affect on your boarding position then at the port?

Thanks all!

This is my 7th cruise, but made a sadly rookie mistake. I didn't log on when i should have for online check in and waited. now i have a 1pm PAT. We generally love to get there 1100 and board in an early group. Usually we are boarding group 5 or 6 at the worst when i select 11am PAT.

But now i have PAT of 1pm.

so here is what i want to know. I already have a room booked on my hyatt points at HYATT MCO for the night before. If i now use DCL transporation, do i get a boarding group assigned based on coming on the bus or still will it reflect my 1pm PAT and give me a higher boarding group.

does it matter if i book through Disney for Hyatt.
i've read conflicting information, so now tempted to rebook Hyatt through Disney and add DCL transfers. Then is my boarding time now based on arrival and my chosen PAT is not even necessary.

I've read dozens of threads, and pre 2018 it looked like boarding group was assigned at airport check in but now it changed to all check in is at the port.

Can anyone give me solid answers and your experience. Specifically, if you had already selected at PAT of later like myself, 1pm. But then did DCL transfers with hyatt (on your own or through Disney) and what was the affect on your boarding position then at the port?

Thanks all!
Typically, if you purchase DCL transfers, OR book your Hyatt stay through DCL, OR are a Platinum Castaway Club member, OR are sailing in Concierge, you do not have to select a Port Arrival Time (although the check in process may prompt you to do so).

If you arrive at the port via DCL transfers, you will be allowed to enter the terminal when you arrive. Now, you may, or may not, be assigned a boarding number based on your actual PAT. Or you me get a boarding number tied to the time actually arrived at check in. Reports have gone both ways.

Worst case scenario: You arrive at the port whenever, and get a high boarding number, but Open Boarding is typically called by 12:30 or so, so the latest you'd be onboard would be then.

thanks. just trying to get clarity. if i'm just going to get the boarding time i get with my 1pm PAT, the i wont' use dcl transfers and save the money and get there on my own as i planned. just trying to get myself an earlier boarding group and really want "clarity" on using DCL and what boarding group folks received. Based on others experience doing similar with HYatt and DCL trasfers.

thanks. just trying to get clarity. if i'm just going to get the boarding time i get with my 1pm PAT, the i wont' use dcl transfers and save the money and get there on my own as i planned. just trying to get myself an earlier boarding group and really want "clarity" on using DCL and what boarding group folks received. Based on others experience doing similar with HYatt and DCL trasfers.
As I said, those people who have already selected PATs who arrive via DCL transfers have reported different things. Some report that they get a boarding number in line with the time they actually arrived at the port. Others reported that they still got a high boarding number (seemingly one tied to the original PAT).

No way of knowing for sure which way DCL will be doing it for your cruise.

My understanding is that if you use DCL transportation, your arrival time is when you get. If you do not use DCL transportation, then your arrival time is assigned....no matter where you stay the night before.

Is a better boarding time worth the price difference of the way you were planning to get to the port vs. DCL transfers? Don't forget there's always a chance one will open up, if you keep checking for a better PAT.

I originally checked in with private transportation and was assigned a 12:30 PAT. When I changed the reservation to add DCL transfers from MCO, my check in information was automatically updated to:
"You have purchased transportation through Disney Cruise Line and are not required to select a port arrival time."
I am staying at the Hyatt, but booked the reservation myself because DCL was sold out, so the change in port arrival status was solely based on purchasing the DCL transfers, not the Hyatt reservation
I presume this overrides my original 12:30 time, but like the OP I'm curious if this change will reset the actual boarding time. I can't imagine Disney would be encouraging passengers to show up at the Port hours before their allowed boarding time. But since the check in process at PC is so disorganized who knows!

I originally checked in with private transportation and was assigned a 12:30 PAT. When I changed the reservation to add DCL transfers from MCO, my check in information was automatically updated to:
"You have purchased transportation through Disney Cruise Line and are not required to select a port arrival time."
I am staying at the Hyatt, but booked the reservation myself because DCL was sold out, so the change in port arrival status was solely based on purchasing the DCL transfers, not the Hyatt reservation
I presume this overrides my original 12:30 time, but like the OP I'm curious if this change will reset the actual boarding time. I can't imagine Disney would be encouraging passengers to show up at the Port hours before their allowed boarding time. But since the check in process at PC is so disorganized who knows!

When is your cruise?

Exact same situation with us. We had an 11:15 PAT but now says what you typed. We're on the March 23 Fantasy.

G
Exact same situation with us. We had an 11:15 PAT but now says what you typed. We're on the March 23 Fantasy.
i wish I had 1115
Anxious to hear what boarding group u get but 1115 is like boarding group 5 or 6 so not sure taking the bus will get u better than 5.
My whole reason to take the bus would be to getting a better boarding group than I wil with my 1pm PAT.

Last April we had a PAT of 10:45 then changed to DCL transportation with no PAT and on second bus out of MCO. We were in boarding group 6. Not the same times as others are asking about but thought I’d offer our experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter