Can you schedule a specific time for daily room inspection?

Bring tape, paper, and a marker and put a sign on the door that baby is napping until 3 or whatever. Disney can be very rude about this kind of thing.
Don’t use tape on a Disney resort door - it’s not allowed

We stayed this past November at BWV for 2 nights following a cruise. We were not aware of the room check thing and the front desk did not mention it at check in. One of the nights a man knocked on the door and asked to come in and check the room. The man was in street clothes and I do not recall him having any visible ID so I was very suspicious. He did not look like he was from housekeeping. I didn't think to ask for ID as I was somewhat stunned by the knock on the door. I refused to let him in and after a few minutes of refusing he left. I guess I will know better next time but this does raise some questions for me.

For those that have experienced the room checks have these CM's been wearing an identifiable uniform or have visible identifiable ID? If not have you asked to see some identification?

Thanks

We stayed this past November at BWV for 2 nights following a cruise. We were not aware of the room check thing and the front desk did not mention it at check in. One of the nights a man knocked on the door and asked to come in and check the room. The man was in street clothes and I do not recall him having any visible ID so I was very suspicious. He did not look like he was from housekeeping. I didn't think to ask for ID as I was somewhat stunned by the knock on the door. I refused to let him in and after a few minutes of refusing he left. I guess I will know better next time but this does raise some questions for me.

For those that have experienced the room checks have these CM's been wearing an identifiable uniform or have visible identifiable ID? If not have you asked to see some identification?

Thanks
They should have a Disney nametag on and, if not in costume, a blue ID visible. Either on a lanyard or clipped on somewhere that can be easily seen. I would absolutely ask for ID if I were unsure. If they are legit, they should have no issues producing one!

Thanks
I agree, they should have a CM ID badge on - and the ones who have come into our room have been in Housekeeping uniform for the specific resort. If in doubt, tell them to wait outside and then call Housekeeping to confirm. I wouldn't let anyone without visible ID into our room.

It's usually been housekeeping staff that does the room checks, wearing pretty clear uniforms. On one occasion, I noticed someone who seemed to be a management level or office level employee at the resort with the official looking blue slacks/skirt and red plaid vest/top with a nametag - they were coming out of another room in what looked like an inspection and I was just headed out for the bus stop. Not sure if they were covering additional ground, or if a housekeeping staff asked them to check on something suspicious or unsure...it didn't appear to have concerned that employee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter