Canadian Dollar is going to cancel our trip.

We didn't go last March as we had been down the previous 2 years. I was hoping the $ would improve because I need to go back next March. We usually fly out of the US as we're just outside Saint John and we were able to save money but pricing things out I think we're actually going to fly out of Halifax this time. Flights are cheaper with Jetblue or Southwest but by the time you add a hotel on either end, plus food and gas and usually some shopping I think it will only be a bit more to fly out of Halifax. Plus I can stay with family in Halifax. My youngest will turn 10 next month which also means more money, we're not going to do the dining plan as we have some light eaters that won't hit that $65 per day number. It sucks looking at the exchange but we looked at other vacations we could take and we were always close to Disney in price, so I'd rather pay a bit more for Disney than sit on a beach for a week.

We're the same, we go February (2 weeks out of the snow?? Yes please!) but cancelled last year because of prices and I hate-crashed hubby's work conference in Vegas for 4 days instead - definitely not as fun!!

Free Dining in February/March should be offered to Canadians!! It's relatively quiet and lots of people go away to escape the cold - why not entice them to WDW??

We go at the end of October. I usually exchange ever couple of weeks when my husband gets paid but not sure if I should keep putting money away after I exchange or hold on and see if it gets better.

The dollar hurts for sure. I stick to my budget though so instead of going for 2 weeks at Christmas we go for 9 or 10 days. Been like that for a couple of trips now. While it totally bites it is just a fact of travelling. The euro and the pound have always been a rough exchange. So now too is the USD. Just means I have to compromise a bit. I try to not do the exchange rate calculations too much on every single thing or I start an ulcer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter