Canadian Dollar is going to cancel our trip.

Thanks to the loss of the child tax credit we owed for the first time this year, despite daycare expenses, & lost over $1000 return o_O.

Ditto, for the first time in at least 6 years I owe taxes. Not a lot and DH is getting $ back but still annoying.

I was happy being a student and getting tax returns and I am happy now being a worker, paying taxes, raising kids... And going to Disney!

Well that sounds like a good adulthood! I am excited not to be in school but not excited for student loan payment. 500+ a month :(

Well that sounds like a good adulthood! I am excited not to be in school but not excited for student loan payment. 500+ a month :(
Good luck with the payment... Sounds like you are going to find the magic in life when you encounter it! And celebrating is always a good thing so, lets cheer for tax season! :yay:

Thanks to the loss of the child tax credit we owed for the first time this year, despite daycare expenses, & lost over $1000 return o_O.

It wasn't just the removal of the tax credit, it was also due to the increase in UCCB. That money is taxable, so people were hit with a double whammy... Harper removed a credit and increased people's taxable income.

It wasn't just the removal of the tax credit, it was also due to the increase in UCCB. That money is taxable, so people were hit with a double whammy... Harper removed a credit and increased people's taxable income.
Yep that too. Very frustrating considering we still shelled out thousands in daycare last year. Now it wasn't the $24 000 we spent in daycare the year all 3 were in daycare full time b/f DD started JK, but enough.

One, no two, positives other than not being in school and being a contributing member of society ;) 1) you will likely have some education credit to offset the first year or two of income and 2) student loans have a deductible. :thumbsup2 But I hear you on the loan repayment. It is toooo high for someone starting out!

Just wanted to mention that our dollar seems to be stronger right now. I just made a payment towards our September 2016 trip and the rate I was charged was slightly less than when I made the initial deposit in September of 2015. It's still not ideal at 1.34 but sure beats the 1.47 I paid in December!!

Keeping a close eye on it and will continue to pay in little bits hoping to ride out the wave.

Just wanted to mention that our dollar seems to be stronger right now. I just made a payment towards our September 2016 trip and the rate I was charged was slightly less than when I made the initial deposit in September of 2015. It's still not ideal at 1.34 but sure beats the 1.47 I paid in December!!

Keeping a close eye on it and will continue to pay in little bits hoping to ride out the wave.
It could be under 1.20 by summer! that is if spring stays for longer than a few days!

And having to claim the UCCB as income ...ugh. We got some back, but a lot less than last year.

I hear ya... I got back close to $500 last year, and this year I got just over $200. I was counting on at least $300 as part of our Disney budget. Boo !

The exchange rate is going up. But how high will it go and will it plummet again? Arg. It was at 78 cents today! I am telling myself if it gets over 80 I will exchange a big chunk of money. Not even for this trip since I exchange for that a while ago. Just for in the next year or so in case we have another free fall.

The exchange rate is going up. But how high will it go and will it plummet again? Arg. It was at 78 cents today! I am telling myself if it gets over 80 I will exchange a big chunk of money. Not even for this trip since I exchange for that a while ago. Just for in the next year or so in case we have another free fall.

DH said that if it hits $0.80 that I can book for the fall! :D

We have all our money purchased for this upcoming trip, but we have another trip planned in October for a week at Universal. I booked through a Canadian travel company so flights, hotel and rental car are in Canadian, and I already have three tickets and will be getting the fourth from airmiles.
However all of our food and spending will be in cash and I am strongly considering just getting it now while it's at a decent rate. I had planned to let the travel account recover a little before doing that, but waiting might not be the best idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter