Cancellation Contact / Offer Tracker

Giraffe Lounge

Earning My Ears
Thought we could do one of those “tracker” type threads for when your cruise was supposed to be/ when Disney contacted you/ what if any offers you received.

Originally I was simply going to ask if anyone else on the 4/11 Fantasy sailing had heard anything yet as I hadn’t, but thought this might be more helpful for the group...

Update 3/16
Cruise date: 4/11/20 (Fantasy / W Caribbean)
Disney contact: 3/16 (noon)
Offer: Refund or 125% credit within 15 months.

Last edited:
Cruise date: 4/29/2020 Vancouver to Honolulu on Wonder
Disney contact: 3/14/2020 via email See edited information below.
Offer: 125% to rebook within 15 months or 100% refund

However: the reservation number in the email was for a cruise we completed last November, not the Hawaii cruise at the end of April, perhaps one more example of Disney’s sometimes flaky IT operations. Time will tell. If we get a correction email, I’ll come back and edit my post.

ETA:
Just received (2:35 pm, 3/15) another email with the correct reservation number, essentially canceling the erroneous email received yesterday. Back to a holding pattern now for the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise. Email notes only the opportunity to rebook for a 100% credit on a future cruise.

Last edited:
Cruise date: 4/10/20
Disney Contact: 3/16/20
Offer: 125% future cruise credit or 100% refund. It also says that I may cancel by calling them or my travel agent. I appreciate that they will let me deal with them directly. Of course, the line is busy, but I prefer to talk to DCL rather than Costco and then wait for Costco to talk to DCL.

EDIT: Nevermind, when I called, the message said that if its booked through a travel agent, we have to call them.

Last edited:

Thanks for tracking. On the Honolulu to vancouver cruise and received a letter just offering 100% credit toward a future cruise

My cruise was for April 11th on the Magic. Disney hasn't contacted me yet.

4/4 fantasy received email
Was told by TA if I get a refunded would be handled quicker however if I choose to do the 125percent credit was told it would take several days and some forms to fill out.

I am taking a refund.

If requesting a refund, perhaps also add after how many days you received your money back?

4/24 San Diego to Vancouver Wonder
Email 3/15 100% credit within 15 months of sail date

The email states “there have been no changes made to sailings departing after April 12, including your sailing”
Which is almost laughable since it is has been widely publicized, including on DCL’s website, that there will be no embarkation or debarkation in Canada through June and the cruise has been pulled off the DCL site.

Cruise: 4/24 San Diego to Vancouver repo on Wonder
DCL Contact: email received 3/15
Offer: email said have made no change to itinerary; offer of 100% credit and 15 months to use it (change from previous offer of 100% credit and 12 months)

Note: we can't dock in Vancouver, so change or cancellation is inevitable. We're going to wait and see what happens.

4/12 Wonder Mexican Riviera Cruise
no email yet about cancellation of cruise though on the website it says it is cancelled and to await the email for further instructions.

Had 3/28 cruise, received email 3/13 and I called on 3/14 to request refund based on email. I have not received any confirmation email regarding it, yet...today is 3/15. I will give them until 3/17 to email me confirmation of refund, or I will call back. I'm concerned that our conversation wasn't documented in writing to me. She said they were "filling out a form and passing it on to someone that would do the refund and email."

The email states “there have been no changes made to sailings departing after April 12, including your sailing”
Which is almost laughable since it is has been widely publicized, including on DCL’s website, that there will be no embarkation or debarkation in Canada through June.
@GoofyCoaster Looks like we posted at the same time! I also had a good laugh reading the part of the email where they said they haven't made any changes to the itinerary . . .
Had 3/28 cruise, received email 3/13 and I called on 3/14 to request refund based on email. I have not received any confirmation email regarding it, yet...today is 3/15. I will give them until 3/17 to email me confirmation of refund, or I will call back. I'm concerned that our conversation wasn't documented in writing to me. She said they were "filling out a form and passing it on to someone that would do the refund and email."
I called today to cancel a summer reservation before the PIF date so that I could get my deposit refunded. Costco told me refunds are taking longer than usual and it could take 10-14 days.

I am not expecting a confirmation of an actual refund. I just wanted an email saying they received my request for it or SOMETHING in writing to prove I requested the offered refund before our sail date.

I definitely think it will take a few days to receive the refund confirmation letter. After receiving the letter, I think it will be another 5-7 days to receive the actual refund(s). Folks like me paid for their cruise with more than one form of payment (3 actually). I suspect these refunds cannot just go back easily, I think they need to be checked manually. You would want it to be accurate just as they cannot over refund let’s say a debit card with money that was never there.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it took at least 3-4 days. LOTS of refunds to be processed and I am quite certain they want to do it correctly the first time. Just hang in there, I’d like my money back too (Wonder 3/25 sailing). I am a substitute teacher with no work for three weeks!

Which is almost laughable since it is has been widely publicized, including on DCL’s website, that there will be no embarkation or debarkation in Canada through June and the cruise has been pulled off the DCL site.

Interesting. I'm booked on this sailing also, but haven't received an email. Perhaps because I'm booked on a CM rate?

Is this email saying that a full refund is not an option at this time? I wonder if we'd need to wait until the DCL suspension is officially extended. I'm a bit perplexed as to how they can avoid offering a refund on a cruise that clearly cannot continue as advertised.

I haven't called to ask because I have more than a month for them to sort it out, and I'm sure the CMs are getting slammed. If they would incentivize me at all to take the credit, I would. Otherwise, I fail to see the perk in letting them hold on to my money (paid in full at booking!) and tying myself to a re-booking time limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter