Cancellations at VGC?

pharmama

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how often cancellations happen at VGC and how (as a renter, not an owner) one might get in on them? My DD jut decided she wants to do to DLR for her birthday in May (18/19) and I'd love to stay at VGC but I'm sure it's booked.

Sorry for the newbie question- just trying to get an idea how often this even happens!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Absolutely no way to know.

There are only 48 villas at the Grand Californian...a mix of Studio, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom and Three Bedroom units. So in reality there are only a couple dozen of whatever size room you are seeking.

Additionally Disney Vacation Club allows members to go on a waiting list for villas not available when they first attempt to book. There could already be 1...2...or 20 members on that waiting list to book the dates you are seeking. And for just one of those members to get their room, someone already booked has to cancel. That may not happen at all.

With the Grand Californian being so small, members only have a realistic shot of booking a room when it's done 7 months in advance of arrival. Honestly you have very little chance of getting a room at this short notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter