Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

So if we have a cp dining package we still have to line up early? Or is that just if we want to sit up close? We aren't wanting to be super close, just want to get in!

This. Does anyone know? If you get the CP dining package are you guaranteed to get in for that show? Thx

Following. We are going to get some kind of Character Processional dining for December 10th.

Tried to book a character breakfast at Garden Grill for December 10th today, and apparently those are already all booked up for the 9th-14th (our park days), so now I'm worried. I'm actually a little shocked that got booked up so quickly. We also wanted to eat at Biergarten, and it's booked solid as well.

This. Does anyone know? If you get the CP dining package are you guaranteed to get in for that show? Thx

I read somewhere that the queue for CP dining packages is a different queue, but they also will allow others to sit in those spots if they are still empty 20 minutes prior to the show.

The CP dining package line forms on the Japan side of the theater while the standby line is on the Italy side. They let the dining package people in first followed by standby.

Sorry if this has been asked but can you use the dining plan to pay for the CP package?

Following. We are going to get some kind of Character Processional dining for December 10th.

Tried to book a character breakfast at Garden Grill for December 10th today, and apparently those are already all booked up for the 9th-14th (our park days), so now I'm worried. I'm actually a little shocked that got booked up so quickly. We also wanted to eat at Biergarten, and it's booked solid as well.

Don't panic. Easier said than done I know. I faced the same disappointment when I booked on the 1st. There are a block of ADRs held back for CP dining packages. Once those come out and people start dropping their current ADRs for the CP dining package ones, you'll have a good chance of getting one. You can also use touring plans reservation finder or keep trying to find the ADRs you want. Things open up all the time. I'm a recent convert to touring plans reservation finder. It helped me get the Garden Grill ADR I wanted at the day and time I wanted.

Yes, IF you show up early, last year we were able to fill those seats if they were still empty when the show began but this also seems to be at the CM discretion because I have also seen where they don't let other people fill the seats no matter how full it is and how many empty spots there are...

We booked restaurant for our large group of 10 - at San Angel for TS lunch in Dec and wanted to add the tickets to the CP. Is it possible to add the tickets somehow?

We booked restaurant for our large group of 10 - at San Angel for TS lunch in Dec and wanted to add the tickets to the CP. Is it possible to add the tickets somehow?

You cannot modify a reservation to add the CP package. Once the CP package is available you would need to book this.

When is the CP package available? We will be there the week of Dec 10 - 16.

When is the CP package available? We will be there the week of Dec 10 - 16.

It varies year to year. I'd keep watching this thread and someone will post when the packages are going to be available for booking. My guess would be mid to late July. But that's just a guess.

The crowd control cast members in the theater get a count for each show and will block off an appropriate number of seats for dinner package guests (which is often most of the theater on busier nights). The standby line is then used to fill in the theater behind the sections blocked off for dinner package guests. Right before show time they will often fill in any empty seats in the dinner package section with standby guests if they've overestimated how many seats were needed or if there are a lot of no-shows. So if you roll in right as the show starts there may not be a seat left. But if you aren't worried about being really close there is no need to line up early with a dinner package. Just get to the theater 10 - 15 minutes before show time and you will be sitting in the dinner package section.

Just adding to what others have said.
You are guaranteed a seat but the closer to show time the worse the seat is
I go every year using standby so I am seated fairly early, in the back rows and have gotten to see how the theater is filled.
Dinning packages take almost the entire theater, with VIP and choir directors towards the front right.
Dinning package people that arrive 10 minutes before the show have a seat but it is usually the ones behind trees (there are a lot of trees in this theater) or they have to separate, and fill in whatever is left. So don't wait too long.

Don't panic. Easier said than done I know. I faced the same disappointment when I booked on the 1st. There are a block of ADRs held back for CP dining packages. Once those come out and people start dropping their current ADRs for the CP dining package ones, you'll have a good chance of getting one. You can also use touring plans reservation finder or keep trying to find the ADRs you want. Things open up all the time. I'm a recent convert to touring plans reservation finder. It helped me get the Garden Grill ADR I wanted at the day and time I wanted.

Thanks for the tip. I will look into that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter