Candy Cane Premium Room

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Anyone stay in one of these rooms? Was it worth it? Looking at 169.99 a night for it but wanted to get some first hand experienced stayers opinions :)

Also, where are these rooms located? It will just be me and my 5 year old this trip and I'm REALLY trying to find a place that will work for us...meaning, safe feeling, accessible to a few different places (ie. the 7-11, Subway). I just didn't know HOW this motel was set up and didn't want to be stuck in the back?

Any pictures?

I'm not sure where the premium rooms are- but the hotel is set up as a large "U". The bottom of the U is at the back, the lobby and pool are in the middle. Even if you were in the back it would be fine- the rooms all face in to the center. Its not that large of a motel, so even the back isnt that far from the lobby. They have on site security, but even without, we would not have felt unsafe. Its a cute little property, and we'll stay there again. The shuttle and breakfast really are nice.

Yea, I'm thinking the shuttle will be nice. We've stayed at BWPPI two times and I like staying across the street but would love something a "little" more nicer. BWPPI isn't bad at all but the grounds at CCI look so cute and the pool looks a little more inviting, and the breakfast seems nice. Have you seen strollers on the shuttle?

I never saw a stroller on the shuttle. However, as long as it was folded up it wouldnt be a problem. The seats are down the sides of the bus, facing the center. So, there is a big center isle. Plenty of room for you to have a folded stroller.

I saw folded up strollers on the shuttle, it wasn't a problem. Have fun.

Thanks for the info, sounds like it would be fine...I use a small one just in case :)
ps. I had to show you our Pug/Chihuahua mix, we call her Chugs!

DSC00477sm.JPG

Did the price go up, we called direct and got a price of 129.00 for a premium for May 1-6th?

Anne

A premium room is just a deluxe room with a couple of extra perks. I wouldn't spend the extra $$ on it--just get the deluxe.

All of the rooms face into a parking lot with doors that open to the outside. You might request an upper floor to feel safer, but other than that, I wouldn't feel unsafe here.

There's a 7-11 right next to the hotel and a Subway right across Harbor.

Have fun!

I got the price on the website...maybe the prices are higher for May? I guess I could call tomorrow and "ask" but the premium was like 169.00 for a few of the nights and 154 for the rest! I'll call!

Thanks for the tip...I'm going to call and get the price for the premium and the deluxe :) But think I'll stick with the deluxe like you suggested :)

I've never been a big fan of off-site, but you know I've heard a lot about the Candy Cane Inn, and I really would swap almost anything I have for a few days there right now.

It sounds wonderful there.

Cheers Larry.

I DID read your post...so sorry that you had to cancel your trip!! Maybe you can get out here soon :)

We stayed at the CCI when my husband was there on business. I took my DS4 to Disneyland everyday. So, basically I was a single parent on that trip. I always felt safe. We even rode the shuttles at night. The rooms are so nice and the breakfast buffet helped get us on our way quickly. I don't think I would request a premium room.

The staff was great. They always asked me to talk, :rotfl2: so they could hear my southern accent.

Lori

Thanks so much for your input, makes me feel better. My husband can't take off work in June so it's just us (I wanted to get one more trip in during this 50th AND before my AP expire). We usually stay at Best Western but dark rooms are getting to me and I wanted to try something different! We will DEFINATELY use the shuttle and on these trips I'm never above asking a family if I can stay close to or walk with.

The accent thing is too cute! My inlaws are from South Carolina and seriously, there are times when my father in law will ask me something and I can't undestand him at all!! We always giggle about that!!

Thanks again and I feel so much better when I hear "real life" reports :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter