Can't believe the prices

This discount saved us a whopping $360 on our LK suite at AoA for an 8-night reservation in June (we booked several months ago). It's better than nothing and more than I was expecting (we didn't think there would be any discount) but far less than we typically get (normally we get about a $750-1000 discount). I was pleasantly surprised to get that email from our TA this morning. I wanted to go to the website to look at the specific details of the discount but it's currently a one hour wait to get into the website. :rolleyes2 I'll wait a few days....

Last edited:
Here's something else I found.........weddings. Ha! Here's a link to a March 2022 wedding that has GF room rates for $227 a night. I probably shouldn't post, but if I wanted to save a ton of money, I would book under the "wedding" group rate and bring a present. :-)
That seems rather unethical to the point I'd suggest editing out that link.

Maybe chill......anyway, what might be worse than my pos,t is the fact that when these wedding couples/and or convention folks sign contracts for these room blocks, and if they don't meet the minimum contracted room nights booked, guess who pays? Imagine having half your wedding money go to WDW cause you have unallocated rooms in your block. Ouch. Anyway, been doing Conventions at WDW for 18 years and would never have a problem with a non-convention attendees book from my block, helps my numbers and allows a Disney lover to get a good deal. :-D

Last edited:
Just a thought, try and find convention schedules and see about booking under them. I host a convention once a year at WDW and also a couple board meetings, and I always get great rates! Our early December GF convention has a rate of $251 per night. GF is pretty much sold out for our dates and when they did have GV availability it was over $800 per night. Ugh! CL is $1400+! I had $191 rates at CSR last month........anyway, I know there's a website that lists upcoming conventions, and maybe check the Exhibitors website for a resort room booking link. We all have minimum nights we're contracted to sell, so you can bet I'll be posting here later in the year if I don't get my rooms sold. :-)

my husband is a member of an association that’s having a conference at the Signa Hilton on property and the convention rates were the same price as the rack rate after taxes and fees on both. Made me laugh when it said “convention members don’t have to pay resort fees” .. the convention rate was $265 per night, the rack rate was $235 plus $30 resort fee (those Are just example numbers)

I needed that laugh! Thankfully, when we host our conventions in the beginning of December, not a lot of other companies host theirs. I can negotiate a pretty good rate for our attendees. Besides the Host Resort, Disney allows me to contract a more reasonable price resort like AllStars, which helps with some of the personal costs.

For us, while the Universal trip is not cheap by any means, it was interesting to see we were able to book their highest end deluxe, Portofino Bay which includes express pass, for less per night than CBR or Coronado.

Don't get me wrong, we are Disney FANATICS, 20 years of on site vacations, but I just can't justify more than we have ever paid to do the same thing again and actually get less. We will be back for sure, but maybe a year away will bring new stuff, and decent discounts again!

We love Universal and know you will have a good time. I seem to remember that Universal has a free shuttle to Busch Gardens and to Sea World? Am I dreaming this up? It's been a while since we've been to Universal, but this stuck in my mind because we had only planned on doing Universal but were surprised to see this. If that's really true, you can go to those other parks on their shuttles if you want.

We cancelled our October trip due to the increased prices. The price was ridiculous and you are getting so much less for your money both at the parks and resort right now. Our package price for 8 nights in October was $9,000- that doesn't even include airfare and obviously not meals etc. In 2019 for the same dates at the same resort in the exact same room category it was $6,000. In 2018 for club level on those same dates, at the same resort, with the same room view it was $7,000. No way we were paying $2,000 more than we paid for club level and getting substantially less. They have priced us out.

We love Universal and know you will have a good time. I seem to remember that Universal has a free shuttle to Busch Gardens and to Sea World? Am I dreaming this up? It's been a while since we've been to Universal, but this stuck in my mind because we had only planned on doing Universal but were surprised to see this. If that's really true, you can go to those other parks on their shuttles if you want.

Not sure on Busch Gardens, but they do a free shuttle to Sea World for sure. Handy, as we have not been there in some time. Cool thing is, post Universal, we will be heading down to Tampa for a few days to visit some friends. We will absolutely be doing Busch Gardens as we have not been there since the early 90's. (We LOVE BG Williamsburg too)!

I rented DVC points to BWV a whiiiiiile ago for our trip March 7-11, decided to see what it would cost to pay rack rate via this "sale" to add an extra night

Lolno ohmygod

Though taking a RC cruise that weekend for 3 nights is only $576 total for me and my husband, so might do that :rotfl:

We've been both onsite and offsite, doing both many times. For those doing a double-take at these prices: if you have never tried an offsite stay, now might be the time! Our experience has been that the vacations have much more in common than they have differences. There are certainly things we like about being onsite, but there are also things we like (a lot!) about staying outside the bubble. You can usually get a 2-3BR condo/townhome, plus rental car and theme park parking, for something between what a Value and a Mod will cost during the same period. Sometimes less.

It's interesting that some resorts at Disney seem to have skyrocketed in price, but it's not all of them. I just went back and checked our confirmations from the last 2 trips we had planned (both cancelled due to Covid) to compare them to our upcoming trip in June. They are all 8-night stays in a LK suite at AoA with 5 (Disney) adults with 8-day parkhoppers. These are the rack rates from our initial booking (before any discounts came out).

June 2020 (booked June 2019) - $7865
June 2021 (booked August 2020) - $8154
June 2022 (booked June 2021) - $8284

A $400 increase over 2 years? That's less than I was expecting.

Yeah, crazy all right. We call it "Disney Inflation" and it's the reason we bought DVC. We ran #s comparing, not to a Deluxe, but an AoA suite. We had stayed there for around $410 in 2018. Just checked Travelocity - same room is going for about $620. We had assumed a "Disney Inflation" of about 10% to guess at ROI, this is just barely above that estimate. It seemed like a "yeah, but you are trying to convince yourself to buy DVC" figure at the time, but nope.
Same. 5 stays at 5 nights each is the cost of my Riviera contract.

As always, it is supply and demand. Along as people will pay what Disney is charging they will continue to do so. As soon as demand starts dropping the prices will as well.

Alas, I think this is the crux...The new wait times to even look at hotel prices = the appearance of high(er) demand.

Manipulating/inflating wait times to increase demand is an illusion game WDW has been playing for many years.

It does suck they went up so much. We are DVC but still enjoy staying club level. When we started staying CL at WL in 2013, I believe we paid somewhere in the $300 range a night - and at that time it seemed like a lot! Fast forward to today, where a WL Standard CL room is over $1000 for some days, is crazy to me. I guess time flies and prices go up when you’re having fun!! 🤪
Your not kidding! We love CL as well and started our CL stays at the GF RPC for under $400 a night. I see some of those rooms are now $1,200 or more a night. Thankfully we have those memories and we do love Universal's PBR CL that we can still book for around $400 a night. Glad to see I'm not the only one just saying no to these crazy hotel prices.

I just looked at the prices for a short stay in March and my eyes almost popped out of my head.
How does an average family afford hotel prices like that? Granted the cheapest room available for my dates was Coronado, but still. I've stayed there before at around $200 a night... it was now $370 per night. It's a room... nothing special. WOW
Don't even look at the Deluxe resorts.. $1000 + a night, what the heck.
What am I not getting?

this is why I like renting DVC points. I have 6 nights booked in savannah-view studios (split-stay Kidani & Jambo) at AKL coming up for an avg $370/night. The same exact rooms/dates at rack rate would be an avg $650/night. It's just nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter