Can't find decent airfare for April! We might just drive!

If you are a AAA member you may want to search through their website. We just returned from our wedding planning trip. We were only gone 4 days and paid $150/ticket (after taxes and fees) round-trip on Delta. We did have a brief stop in Atlanta, but flights went smoothly. You could also check and see if ATA flies out of your airport. We have used them many times in the past and their rates are usually excellent.

Have you thought about checking other departure airports within a couple of hours? I know someone with a family of 5 that will drive from SW Michigan to Indiannapolis because the airfare was so much cheaper.

When we fly, we always save $100 per ticket by driving to another airport 1+ hrs from our home instead of flying out of our own airport.

Best of luck!

I know how MSP can be have you checked like Madison WI or Milwaukee. I usually can find better rates through those 2 airports. I am coming up with 190 for both with a connection. It can be a bit of a drive but it is better than driving all the way to FL.

Part of the schtick is to be vigilant checking the online sites. When I'm looking for airfare that suits my budget, I check almost constantly all the travel sites/airline sites, even several times a day. It did finally pay off for me this time. I was looking for something within reason for the first of March and I usually get this all squared away in late December, but no good rates were out there. I was starting to panic a little, (my room is all reserved at WDW) when yesterday I started plugging in my times/dates and something came up that wasn't as cheap as the past, but I figured by what has been showing up lately I should jump on it. Long story short, already TODAY, that same fare/flight etc. has gone back up $60! I'm so glad I "jumped" yesterday, I would have kicked myself if I had not purchased the tickets.

So, keep hounding the sites and good luck.

Travelocity.ca is offering some great deals - but
need to book by Jan 24th-availability is limited.
Worth a look.

Just my 02 cents here, when I see something on Travelocity or Sidestep or whatever, I swing over to the airlines own website, sometimes you can book the same flight at a tad cheaper price by utilizing their site. I do believe that most of the travel websites add fees onto the cost of ticketing through them.

Again, it is worth doing the research if time permits.

:D

mickey4ver-I agree-did the same with
Air Canada a couple of weeks ago-saved
a bundle.

Glad you saved, and I KNOW you are glad you saved $$$, sometimes the deals are out there, you just gotta really be diligent about looking.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter