Can't find GC for under $385 a night!!

cstraub

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any info on how I can find the GC for less than $385 a night? I have called about an AP and there wasn't one. I'll be going Aug 7 through the 9 (Sun-Tues). I really want to take my mom there but I would love a better rate!! :earseek:

Bad News - I don't think you're going to find it any cheaper. We're going 7/25-7/27 and the rates are also very high. We wer'nt able to get anything less than a theme park view. I know the CG and DLH are showing sold out for our dates and I don't think beginning of Aug will be any less busy. If you have your heart set on staying there I would grit my teeth and book it. You may find the rooms gone if you wait. We booked a package so we could pay for everything before we go. This way we won't be stressing the cost and can relax and have a good time.

Is your mom over 60? If so, ask for a senior's discount. If they have one, they will give it to you. We just got the DL hotel for 7/15 through 7/17 for $200 a night yesterday!

Try booking thru AAA...my daughter bought a package deal thru them. They had 5 nights @ GC; passes for everyone both parks for all 5 days= $2,000.

boosmom96 said:
Bad News - I don't think you're going to find it any cheaper. We're going 7/25-7/27 and the rates are also very high. We wer'nt able to get anything less than a theme park view. I know the CG and DLH are showing sold out for our dates and I don't think beginning of Aug will be any less busy. If you have your heart set on staying there I would grit my teeth and book it. You may find the rooms gone if you wait. We booked a package so we could pay for everything before we go. This way we won't be stressing the cost and can relax and have a good time.

We were quoted $302 night for a city view at the GC for 7/26-7/29. Do you know your rate for the theme park even though it's all in the package? By the time you add the 11% tax and $10/day fee, it sure gets expensive!

kimkatmom said:
Is your mom over 60? If so, ask for a senior's discount. If they have one, they will give it to you. We just got the DL hotel for 7/15 through 7/17 for $200 a night yesterday!

She is over 60. I'll try that tom.

So far I have found that the best rate is through Expedia when you book a package with airfare and hotel.

disneydenisel said:
We were quoted $302 night for a city view at the GC for 7/26-7/29. Do you know your rate for the theme park even though it's all in the package? By the time you add the 11% tax and $10/day fee, it sure gets expensive!
I had checked out booking directly with the hotel using the AAA rate and I was quoted $302 + all the other stuff. When I ran the numbers that ended up being right around $385 total. This included the resort fee (which I don't even want to get started on). I decided to go with AAA because of the unlimited fastpass advantage. I think our rate ends up being about $485 per night total. We're taking my stepdaughter and her family so we have 2 rooms. I know we could have taken all 7 of us to Hawaii for a week for what we're paying, but this was a spur of the moment trip during the busiest time of year so I knew what we were getting ourselves into. We're going to have a great time regardless of the crowds!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We are staying on DVC points but when I booked DM and MIL they gave them senior discount for August. They are paying $270.25 including tax.

starwood said:
We are staying on DVC points but when I booked DM and MIL they gave them senior discount for August. They are paying $270.25 including tax.

That sounds like a great rate!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter