Can't get AAA/FL resident discounts w/ DDP?

So I made room only ressies about a month ago, and called today to add MYW w/ DDP (basically, I decided to get a Disney Visa and wanted to wait and put the tickets and such on that card to start earning points).

We got about 15% off the room w/ a AAA discount (through WDW, not through AAA). When I called today, I was told that not only would we not get the AAA rate w/ the DDP, but we could not purchase FL resident tickets for the members of our party that are FL residents. :confused3

You cannot get AAA discounts with the dining plan through Disney.

For that, you have to go through AAA. AAA has the exclusive right to sell packages with the AAA discount.

Note that discounts cannot be combined so even if you go through AAA, you can't get both free dining and an AAA discount even through AAA.

We aren't going during free dining, so I don't care about that. Since it's attached to the room, I can understand not getting the AAA discount, but why not the FL resident discount?

It's considered double dipping. People keep asking how disney can be making any money with the DDP, you just found the answer. The restrictions on getting the plan are pretty strict. Rack rate room and rack rate tickets with the plan means more money for disney. The fact that you can get the AAA discount through AAA with the dining plan is a small concession on their part (a very small one) They are just trying to fill rooms and keep the customers there, small discounts for a lot of people mean more money for disney over big cuts for a few. Not fun, but true.

Theoretically, you might be able to ask for the 1 day/1 park MYW tickets as part of the plan (you only have to buy one day's worth of tickets for each member of your party to be eligible for the DDP) and then upgrade to whatever type of Florida resident ticket you want on your first day heading to the parks? I'm not completely sure this'll work, but I know a lot of people are getting the 1 day MYW and then putting them toward APs when they head to the park, so I don't know why it wouldn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter