• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't get Ohana- any other suggestions?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
Geez- Ohana is harder to get than Le Cellier it seems! I try every day to book a dinner there and NO openings. I would love any of your suggestions
and opinions!!!

Here is what we have so far: 2 adults, 2 kids (4yo and 1.5 yo)

Saturday: arrival, check in at POR head to MK around 2pm
D: 7pm Plaza

Sunday: DHS
B: Resort
L: MAYBE 50s Prime Time (not decided on this for sure)
D: ??????????? (thinking DTD Earl of Sandwich)

Monday: MK
B: 8am Crystal Palace
L: Resort for break OR Cosmic Rays
D: Kona

Tuesday: AK
B: Donald Safari Breakfast
L: ??????
D: ??????
we are thinking about Sanaa/Boma/Yak and Yeti OR leaving the
area

Wednesday: Epcot
B: Resort
L: Le Cellier
D: Akershus (for the kids)

Thursday: Flight leaves at 6pm
No plans yet

My suggestion is to check numerous times online during the day for cancellations. Calling once or twice a day isnt enough. You have a good chance of getting a cancellation if you are willing to check very often online especially around the 45 day mark and after.

Some ppl may frown upon this, but if you need an ADR for 4 at Ohana, try looking for a table for 6. The concierge actually did this for us once when we wanted to have breakfast there. He just told us to tell them at the desk that it will just be 4 of us instead of 6. They didn't give us a hard time about it when we checked in.

Also, if your young children are early risers, see if they have a 7:30am ADR. We did this and although it was early it was great! The bus driver was nice and drove us straight to Poly from SSR. The restaurant was just opening, we were seated promptly, and you'll be one of the first ppl to see the characters. Also, the place isn't quite as crazy like it WILL be later on in the morning, and the servers don't seem as worn out. We finished bfast just in time to get to Magic Kingdom and see the opening show:thumbsup2

Just a suggestion

I agree with checking often. Try to book 3 adults instead of two and see what you get. I was able to get a rez for Ohana that way and 8 weeks out too! Another great piece of advice from here at the DIS!

I forgot to add that i did get 3 reservations for Ohana for 5:00 dinner times last year from checking alot (I kept 2 though). I originally had an 8:15 p.m. dinner which i had to book over the phone when it was 90 days out last year. The online system is the greatest thing and allows you to check whenever you wish.

Keep trying online. I just got a reservation today for next week and I have been trying for 6 weeks.

We could only get very late ADRs for both nights we are eating at Ohana. But we'll go early and hope to get in. Usually that works.

One year we booked a trip last minute and couldn't get an Ohana ADR, so we made one for Kona instead. When we arrived at Poly we asked if there were any cancellations. About 10 mins later there was! So we cancelled Kona and ate at Ohana. Still haven't tried Kona yet lol.

Thank you all SO much- I was able to get a 8:30pm reservation using your tricks- though I am REALLY hoping to get something earlier for dinner- not sure how my 1.5 yr old will handle eating so late :)

Yes! It is our first trip! Thanks :)

:goodvibes Long time lurker here...love this board! This thread finally brought me out! I too was trying for Ohana for our June trip, with no luck, 2adults, 2kids. Checking constantly. I added another adult, and well, you can guess the rest!! And, 5:10 ressie, which is great for the kids. Felt sorta bad for a moment, but, it has passed!! :banana: You people rock my world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter