***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

This was our plan for our 25th anniversary next year, but my youngest changed that! I had a bunch of Disney Dollars that I was saving to pay for our whole anniversary trip. Well, DS graduates high school in May. We told him we'd go on vacation wherever he wanted (within in reason) and after months of being undecided, he piped up about a month ago that he wanted to go to WDW! So, now my Disney Dollars are going for a graduation trip instead!

We started at CBR, but I called back and was told I had a unique code attached to my account. It allowed us to upgrade, for very little extra, to a one bedroom villa at SSR!

We will be there May 30-June 5. I'm anxiously awaiting making my dining ressies next week! Although, I'm not looking forward to getting on the computer at 5am!

PS...Happy anniversary!

Any chance you can extend your trip a few days? That way you could have the trip with your son and then send him home so you two can have your own time?

Hi all! Just booked a last minute trip 5/1-5/5. Staying at the Dolphin for the first time! Doing AK and DHS... maybe BB on our off day. Not finding great ADRs right now but will keep trying. Wish they would/could open more restaurants up! See you all there!

I just looked and the last week of May all the parks are available, even for non resort guests.

Yeah, for now. But the first week of June the Studios are booked up for resort guests. I don’t expect the last week of May to stay available for too much longer due to the holiday crowds.

I think they were meaning the week heading into June. I am arriving May 30 but my trip extends into June. Several days in June already show no availability for Hollywood studios.

Yep I get in the day before you and that’s what I ran into. Fortunately I already booked most of my days, but I did have to call to get into HS one day I forgot to book. Luckily I could do that as an AP, there was availability in that bucket.

I think the rule going forward is book your parks ASAP, HS if nothing else. More people are traveling and staying on site.

Just checked and DHS is now full on the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th!
Glad I did not change my 5/4 reservation since I would have moved it to a day that is now full as well.

If one day fills up, the likelihood of others around it filling up jumps exponentially...people who can’t get in for one day clamoring for the next closest, is my guess. I noticed that while doing parks days for our October trip, MK filled up on 10/2 also in addition to 10/1.

I’m glad you got yours!

After reading several recent posts I am so glad someone on this thread convinced me to make park reservations back in January. I was going to wait until it was time to pick ADRs. I’m not going until last week of May, but better safe than sorry.

A friendly reminder to everyone... check your flight tickets every day. I'm roughly 30 days out, and United Airlines combined three JFK to MCO flights into one. I'm now departing 1.5 hours later on a fully-booked plane, with a different seat. Not a big deal for me (I paid extra for first class), but for those traveling with a large party, this is something to look out for. I'm willing to bet that larger parties were re-assigned seats that aren't necessarily directly next to each other.

A friendly reminder to everyone... check your flight tickets every day. I'm roughly 30 days out, and United Airlines combined three JFK to MCO flights into one. I'm now departing 1.5 hours later on a fully-booked plane, with a different seat. Not a big deal for me (I paid extra for first class), but for those traveling with a large party, this is something to look out for. I'm willing to bet that larger parties were re-assigned seats that aren't necessarily directly next to each other.
SW changed our flights once, and times twice since we booked. First time they moved us from a nonstop to one with a 3 hour layover! I was able to fix it, glad I obsessively check all our reservations ;)

SW changed our flights once, and times twice since we booked. First time they moved us from a nonstop to one with a 3 hour layover! I was able to fix it, glad I obsessively check all our reservations ;)

Yes-I have been moved twice but it worked to my benefit as when I first booked I wasn’t certain I was going so I used points booking the cheapest (early morning, late night) flights. As I determined I would go the changed flights allowed me to move to late morning, early evening flights keeping my cheap rate of under 4500 points round trip.

I haven’t finalized my park plans. I have a 5 day one park ticket. Haven’t gone without hoppers since 2007!!! I feel I want to relax this trip and shouldn’t need to hop. The only park I know I want to do twice is MK but I currently also have 2 days at HS and none at Epcot. Reluctant to give up HS as I love ToT-probably hands down the one ride I HAVE to ride-and I haven’t yet been since MMRR but know it’ll be hard to get more than two rides on those and SDD in just one day without FP as those rides still having some of the longest lines. The good thing is I’m not a StarWars fan so my time can be spent waiting in line. So I’ll likely switch a day of HS to Epcot but will wait to see if they extend park hours. If they do I might just spring for a hopper instead.

ADR day pt 1 was today. It was a mixed bag. Was not able to land CRT or BOG for my birthday dinner so got Narcoosee’s since it’s right at the resort. I have alerts up on Touring Plans. The other couple of things were easy to get though.

The other must do for the first half of the trip was successful though! I was able to score a cabana on Memorial Day. I was frankly shocked! It’s pretty extra for just one person but I just know it’s gonna be crowdpocalypse in the parks and so opted for a pool day. I have a feeling many others will do the same. And heck I wanted to treat myself. You only turn 40 once!!

I was able to get a late CRT lunch though, because the awesome phone CM looked for me. Only problem is it’s the day I switch resorts to YC and I had planned that to be my AK day. I will see what happens. I got Beaches & Cream for dinner that night in case I’m tired and don’t want festival booths.

It is really annoying having to do this twice though. In Covid times if you have a split stay, you can’t book everything on the first day. It put me at real disadvantage I think. So in a couple of days I have to do this all over again for YC in June. I’m really not planning on many ADRs then though, just pre-Epcot breakfast and a Droid Depot as definites. I kinda want to wing it a bit.

We are doing AK and Epcot Memorial Day. We decided to try to stick to the less crowded parks and we aren’t going to do an ADR. Since we have hoppers, if we don’t get everything done, we’ll just hop back the following 2 days when we have DHS reservations. I’m actually really surprised that when I looked the other day, there was still DHS availability on Memorial Day, but not the rest of the week.

Tomorrow is my ADR day! We are trying for Crystal Palace 5/30, 50’s Primetime 6/1, Rose and Crown 6/2 and Liberty Tree Tavern 6/3. Gotta set my alarm for 4:55 tonight! I’m excited to get down into the final stretch. I get my second covid shot tomorrow as well! DH is already fully vaccinated.

You should be fine depending on your group size. I saw plenty of availability for all those places

It took me an hour of moving things around but I finally got all the restaurants I wanted. I decided it was easier getting lunch reservations for most of them because we usually eat late and it was hard to find dinner times after 5. Switched up a couple days too, but not enough to switch my park reservations. Thankfully, we have park hoppers.

Any chance you can extend your trip a few days? That way you could have the trip with your son and then send him home so you two can have your own time?
That’s a great idea, but when we leave WDW, we are stopping to see our oldest who lives in Florida! He can’t leave work for a 5+ day vacation, so he’s taking one day off and we’re all going deep sea fishing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter