• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car hire from WDW

JackOH

Earning My Ears
We are looking to get a towncar or similar into WDW from Orlando. When we leave we want to pick up a car from WDW which we will then use to go to Fort myers before dropping it at Miami on our way back.

Are there any car rental sites on the Disney site, or am I better going outside WDW that will allow drop off at an airport?
:confused:

The reply will keep your post bumped up so someone with more knowledge will see it.

There are a great many limousine (car hire) services available from the airport to WDW property. I believe Florida Town Car is the current transportation board sponsor. Others I've used are YourRide (www.yourride.net) and Tiffany Towncars (www.tiffanytowncars.com). We were happy with both of these services.

There is a rental location on property at WDW. I have never rented a car while on vacation however so I'm not certain of the differences in prices. You are able to hire the car services for a roundtrip to the airport. It might be less expensive to use the roundtrip feature to return you to a car rental location off property and near the airport. I'm just guessing that might be a less expensive venture--I'm sure others on this board will be able to give you better information about rentals.

Both Alamo and National have rental stations at the Car Care Center and the Dolphin Hotel. My mother did a pick up from the Dolphin last month with a drop of back at MCO. She rented from Alamo since she got a great internet rate (well actually, I found her a great internet rate...I got to play travel agent for her trip)

You can check out both Alamo's and Nationals websites to see how much it will cost for a WDW pick-up and a Miami airport drop-off.

Oh, and most companies here in FL are very liberal with their policies about drop offs in other areas...they are very use to it and most do not charge a drop off fee..although they usually do have a higher rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter