• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental at LAX

CandMmommy

September
Is it a pain to rent a car at LAX? We have 3 kiddos and planned to Uber but due to flights, it’s cheaper to stay an extra day so we will go to Hungton Beach or something similar...

I've taken two little kids, luggage, stroller, and 2 car seats on the car rental shuttle and it was fine. The biggest problem we encountered was an over 1 hour wait to get a car at Budget--so be sure to sign up for whatever program your car rental co has to skip that kind of line.

Not too much of a pain...each company has dedicates shuttles to individual off site lots. Tends to be less of a cluster than one rental car shuttle bus for everyone bus to a consolidated rental car facility so you will be fine!

As stated above, join whatever preferred club for your choice of rental agency. Saves a ton of time. The shuttles are not too bad, it does mean loading all of your luggage and wrangling three kids after a flight. If that's not too bad for you, I say go for it.

I agree...it’s not really a pain unless you get stuck in a long line at the rental counter...I’ve been in that Budget line and it sucks. Sign up for the rewards program of whatever agency you use so you can skip the line.

It’s not a pain but it can take time for the shuttle, and you’re waiting on an island in the pickup traffic. Have a way to corral the kids.

Do not use Advantage Car Rental unless you want a headache. Long lines and we had disputed charges for a supposed free upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter