Car rental & credit card question

Lthouseprincess

Mouseketeer
In Orlando what Car comapnies when you rent only charge the amount to the credit card, if the hold more what do they hold. My credit card is close to maxed out and will only have enough to cover the car rental and I just need to know how much more I should have?

They generally put a hol don it for the amount of the rental. For instance when you rent the car and don't take the extra insurance fees etc, then they should oly put a hold on your card for the amount of the rental plus the applicable taxes.

When I confirmed my ressies with National, the person I spoke with said only the amount of the rental would be "held" on my cc.

Avis, Alamo, National, and Budget are the ones I know of. Dollar puts the amount of the rental plus a percentage over that (either 10 or 20%, check the web site).

When I called Hertz they said the most they would hold is the number of days cost and possile an additonal day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter