Car Rental Desks at Universal

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
Can anyone tell me which Universal resorts have a car rental desk on property and also which car rental agency it is. I think the RPR and PBH both have one, but I'm not sure....... I'd like to be able to return my rental car once we check in for that portion of our vacation. No sense paying $6/day parking & rental fees when our car will be just sitting in the lot for 5 days.......

A big thanks to anyone who can help out!

hi
i was wondering this same question - i just called RPR- they have a hertz on site

lisa:yo-yo:

Threeboysmom, mind if I piggyback on this one? I have the same question. Actually I just found out about the Hertz counter through the RPR concierge (they were very nice BTW). I'd like to know, however, if the Hard Rock or Portifino have counters for other companies.

I currently have reservations through Alamo. I had planned on picking up the rental the day we check out of the BC at WDW, but I figure it'll be a waste because it'll end up sitting in the parking lot racking up parking fees. We won't need the rental until we check out of RPR for our trek to Miami.

So can anyone tell me more about Hertz? I've never rented from them before. Anyone know what time the counter opens in the morning? How's their service/vehicles? We'll be needing a minivan. Can you pick up at RPR and then return it to MCO?

Another interested in whether there are rental desks at HRH! Typically we use a towncar service to get to the parks (Disney)from MCO and then use the round trip back to take us to the Hertz rental lot at MCO. Then we drive to the gulf coast for a few days to really unwind, dropping the rental car off at the Tampa airport.

ANYWAY, if there is a desk at HRH, that would at least save one towncar trip this vacation.

BTW, when used Hertz a couple of yrs ago, they were just fine.
Though I did reserve a car just last week, they were starting to fill up on the size I wanted (intermediate SUV - Ford Escape).

Anybody know more details about car rental at Universal?

hi

in the drop down box for selecting your designation at the hertz web page www.hertz.com it has HRH as one of the choices along with RPR

hope this helps:p

lisa

I called and reserved Hertz at HRH yesterday. There are desks at all three hotels, but the cars all come from the lot at one of them (don't remember which, but not HRH). Rates are the same no matter which hotel you go thru. There is a time near dinner time where it said they would reimburse up to $XX cab fare. Maybe the desk at HRH is closed then. Or, maybe they transport you to the one to pick up your car. Guess I'll find out 6/9. Said they opened at 8. I think closing was 11. I searched and called several places and couldn't find any other companies at any of the 3 hotels so I would guess they have an exclusive contract with Hertz. AAA, Entertainment, CostCo, Sam's all give you 10% discount.

You can return to another location in Orlando, but costs more.

I rented a premium - Grand Marquis - for 8 days for $319.xx with unlimited mileage. I'm returning to HRH as my sister can take me to Amtrak from there. Just need the car for her DD's wedding in Lakeland.

Originally posted by Castillo Mom
Threeboysmom, mind if I piggyback on this one? I have the same question. Actually I just found out about the Hertz counter through the RPR concierge (they were very nice BTW). I'd like to know, however, if the Hard Rock or Portifino have counters for other companies.

No. Only Hertz.

I currently have reservations through Alamo. I had planned on picking up the rental the day we check out of the BC at WDW, but I figure it'll be a waste because it'll end up sitting in the parking lot racking up parking fees. We won't need the rental until we check out of RPR for our trek to Miami.

The closest Alamo counter is at the Sheraton Studio City hotel. About 1 or 2 miles from Uni.

So can anyone tell me more about Hertz? I've never rented from them before. Anyone know what time the counter opens in the morning? How's their service/vehicles? We'll be needing a minivan. Can you pick up at RPR and then return it to MCO?

For a drop fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter