Car Rental Disneyland to LAX - Enterprise?

FeliciaB23

Mouseketeer
Hi!

Has anyone done a one-way car rental from Disneyland to LAX? I've seen threads of people doing this for the opposite trip (LAX to DL) but I'm wondering if anyone can share their recent experiences with this itinerary / which agency they used?

We are looking to rent a car the morning we check out of the Disneyland Hotel; We would like to have the car for the day to sight see, then return it at LAX that evening before our red-eye home. I am currently booked with Avis on W. Katella, which seems to be a 1.4 mile walk from the hotel . I don't mind walking (my Mom and luggage will stay at the hotel and wait for me to pick up lol) but, I saw there is an Enterprise location at Paradise/Pixar Pier hotel? Does anyone have experience with a one way rental from there? I read a few google reviews that seem less than stellar but it seems like a more convenient pick-up location. I also see there is a Hertz across from Avis.

Any reason to go with any of these companies over another? I've rented with both Avis and Hertz in the past at other locations but again, Enterprise seems the most convenient. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

This will probably not be helpful at all:

I did a one-way to LAX once last year - I used the Avis on Katella. (I rented again from them last week on a round-trip rental to do some stuff in Los Angeles.)

Broadly speaking - I've had good experiences there. There's usually been an older guy and a younger guy - if I ever had a question or an issue, the older guy immediately made it work. (He just strikes me as an "I can guess what you want and I'll make it happen" kind of person, which I appreciate.)

Btw - I didn't mind that walk at all. Having said that, on a similar occasion (where my feet were bothering me), I walked through Downtown Disney to Harbor and took a Toy Story Lot shuttle to save some feet distance (if not necessarily time).

I did this from the Alamo on Katella because we were staying at the Suncoast Park Hotel. It may not be as convenient a location for you, but it was easy. We did a one way rental to DL and a one way back to LAX.

We did the LAX to Disneyland version with Enterprise, but the gentleman who assisted with our car return at the Disneyland end was very helpful. He said that most people miss their Paradise Pier location and end up at the one we dropped off at - which is near the hotels on Harbor Blvd. He also said that they routinely pick up people from the Disneyland hotels and bring them to their location for car rentals. So, no walking necessary.

The drop off at LAX was super easy (okay its more "near" LAX than "at" LAX), but the bus between the rental lot and the airport was a thrilling ride. Super crowded & the driver took stop lights to be mere suggestions more than rules of the road.

Thanks for the replies. :)

If anyone has any recent experience renting from Enterprise at Pixar/Paradise Pier, please let me know :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter