• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental locations for WDW...

Hi Good Deeds! I have found Alamo to be very accommodating over the years. If I were you, I would first call Alamo 800 # to see if they would honor that rate for an airport pick-up. If they can't, I'd call the Car Care Center # directly & ask if they can help change your ressie to airport pick up at the same rate. If they do, you could just take your free airport shuttle back to the airport on the 29th, pick up the car & have fun. The option you mention above will take up a lot of 'fun' time. But if you stick to that plan, ME will take you to SSR only & NOT the CC Center. Once you are at SSR, you will contact Alamo & they will send a free van to pick you up & take you to CC Center. Even if it all runs like clockwork, you will use up a lot of time. Hope this helps!

Hi Good Deeds! I have found Alamo to be very accommodating over the years. If I were you, I would first call Alamo 800 # to see if they would honor that rate for an airport pick-up. If they can't, I'd call the Car Care Center # directly & ask if they can help change your ressie to airport pick up at the same rate. If they do, you could just take your free airport shuttle back to the airport on the 29th, pick up the car & have fun. The option you mention above will take up a lot of 'fun' time. But if you stick to that plan, ME will take you to SSR only & NOT the CC Center. Once you are at SSR, you will contact Alamo & they will send a free van to pick you up & take you to CC Center. Even if it all runs like clockwork, you will use up a lot of time. Hope this helps!

GREAT! Thanks so much for the suggestion. I will call today! It's a $225.00 savings... Figured there must be some way to work it out!

Blessings-:car:

How are the CCC shuttles? Is it pretty much door to door service?

We'll be staying 2 nights pre-cruise at BCV and need a car to drive to Miami. It would be an easy walk to the Dolphin to rent from Alamo but since they close at 4, it will most likely interrupt our plans for the day. We would probably have to stop whatever we're doing by 3 pm and head over there. Renting from CCC would allow us to pick up the car later but then we'd have to schedule the shuttle.
I'm wondering if it's pretty much the same amount of lost fun-time whether we walk to Dolphin vs. shuttle to CCC.
Is an hour enough time to finish everything from shuttle pick up time until we return to BCV with the car? We have a 7:30pm ADR at Cape May Café but we can move it to an earlier time if needed.

You can as well save yourself the stress and book a car from your phones. Book and then go pay at the counter. Most of the directions of the companies in some of the Car rental apps have been given here. So we are all still on the same page. Avis will likely be a good choice.

at the Car Care Center/ Hess Gas station leaving the Magic Kingdom..

is this Car Care Center an easy walk from Magic Kingdom Park ?

at the Car Care Center/ Hess Gas station leaving the Magic Kingdom..

is this Car Care Center an easy walk from Magic Kingdom Park ?
You can't walk to the Car Care Center, but Alamo/National has a shuttle bus that will pick you up anywhere on property.

If there's no difference in price, we found it easy to take the bus from MK to the Dolphin. They also have an Alamo office onsite, right inside the lobby. We found it easier than calling for a shuttle, waiting on hold & waiting for the shuttle. It could not have been any easier. The valet parking staff brought us the car so it was an extra $3 to tip but well worth it imho.

For a 1 day, one-way rental during Easter week, it was the same price to pick up at Dolphin vs. CCC. When rechecking later to see if the price had dropped, it said both locations were sold out so I was glad to have a confirmed reservation.

The Dolphin is no where near Downtown Disney. It is near the Boardwalk Resort. Sorry I can't help with any of your other questions. Have a wonderful trip.

Has anyone taken a car back to the CCC after hours? Since the shuttle stops running at a certain time, did you cab it back or will the hotel send a shuttle for you? Staying at Wilderness Lodge. Want a car for a Sat. and maybe the Sunday, but not sure if we would make it back in time for CCC to be closed. Thanks! :tigger:
k88p09w9xr6lrhvc.png

Hello All!
As anyone tried Enterprise located at the B Resort? This is the only place I have found so far with reasonable prices (under 25 taxes are quite high in other places!)

I will be in the Disney World in September 2015 I always rent from E-Z rental.
This time I will be renting a mini van with 7 passengers besides myself. just wondering, how large is the Dodge Grand Caravan? I'm about 4'11 and worried I will not be comfortable (I own a smaller car) seeing :sail:

searching rentals and this one came up???? where exactly is this located??
Budget
Kissimmee Disney, 5770 W.irlo Bronson Hwy,#434
Kissimmee, FL 34746, US

searching rentals and this one came up???? where exactly is this located??
Budget
Kissimmee Disney, 5770 W.irlo Bronson Hwy,#434
Kissimmee, FL 34746, US
Not terribly convenient to WDW. As the address implies its actually in Kissimmee, on 192, an area that is big for tourists and tourist traps. If you're going with Budget, the office at the Doubletree on Hotel Plaza Blvd is a much better choice.

Has anyone taken a car back to the CCC after hours? Since the shuttle stops running at a certain time, did you cab it back or will the hotel send a shuttle for you? Staying at Wilderness Lodge. Want a car for a Sat. and maybe the Sunday, but not sure if we would make it back in time for CCC to be closed. Thanks! :tigger:
k88p09w9xr6lrhvc.png
I don't know if you got your answer in time, but I always return to the Dolphin after hours. The valet just takes your car and you walk away to the nearest Disney transportation.

Not terribly convenient to WDW. As the address implies its actually in Kissimmee, on 192, an area that is big for tourists and tourist traps. If you're going with Budget, the office at the Doubletree on Hotel Plaza Blvd is a much better choice.
The Doubletree is easier to get to by the Hotel Blvd busses, but I think it would be a pretty long walk from DTD. The other location is fine as long as you're willing to taxi or uber it. I don't know where you are staying, but it's about 7-8 miles from Epcot. I picked up over at the Park Inn location near Animal Kingdom once and it was OK.

The Doubletree is easier to get to by the Hotel Blvd busses, but I think it would be a pretty long walk from DTD.
It would be 0.8 mile from the World of Disney store in DTD. That's shorter that the walk around Epcot's World Showcase.

I believe Dollar is at Doubletree in downtown Disney. Is that right across the street from the bus stop?

oops, Dollar is at
WYNDHAM RESORT, FL DLE (MCOS01) 1850 HOTEL PLAZA BOULEVARD
LAKE BUENA VISTA, How far is that from the bus stop back to Disney properties? Does anyone know is they have an after hour drop off?

I got ours from outside Disney and the rental car place picked me up early in the morning and then I drove the car back. I worked for our trip, we took the free Disney bus from the airport to the hotel and then we used the rental car at the tail end for exploring some of FL before we went home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter