Car Rental rates

RuthAnne123

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

What is the best deal you've seen lately for rental cars?

When I figure up the cost of a rental even with the "deals" they are usually approaching 500 dollars a week (after the exchange rate is figured) for a economy car.

Now I know I must be doing something wrong to come up with such a high cost!

I know I saw some deals specifically for Canadians a while back but, can't find them now.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!
Rooth:)

I booked 8/25-9/1 for 195.00 taxes included from Dollar using a code on mousesavers (hint: the one i used "hooked" me) Out of all the codes for the time I am traveling that one gave me the best deal for a compact car. You don't need your credit card online to reserve it, which is a plus. Last year I used National and we had all kinds of problems so we are trying dollar this time
anithumper.gif

If you have a Disney Club card or an Annual Pass, those codes seem to give you the best rates. I have a full size car for a week in August for $153 USD. Mind you, I booked this on line back in March, and the base rate seems to have gone up now. I usually keep trying Dollar and National every couple of weeks to see if rates are down for my time period. Good Luck

I have Dollar at 159 USD taxes included for a compact for a week in July from a code on Mousesavers. You should try all of them for your dates to see which gives you the best rate.

Yes, I am checking mine everyday and will hopefully find a better rate than I have now.

anithumper.gif

hulabird -- I just put your dates in at Dollar for a compact and got 164 US taxes included. You may want to check the rates now.

Hi all,

I just found Trapize.com they are the online travel site for Sears Canada.

The car rates there look pretty good. One was 156.00 CAD for 7 days but, without the taxes. Another was 163.00 CAD.

They have a telephone number listed on the site. I will call and see if they can give me a inclusive price in Canadian dollars.

I notice the rules and regs say "Prices not available in the U.S." so I'm assuming they've got a good deal worked out with the rental agencies for Canadians.

I'll still try with my DC club but this Trapize thing looks better for now.

I'll post what inclusive price they give me for an economy for 7 days Canadian.

Rooth

We have a compact reserved at Alamo for $135.00 (with all taxes $175.00 USD) and also a mid-size (all taxes included $212.00 USD) We'll decided that day what car we want. Make sure to put Canada as your place of residence as it was $30.00 than USA as counrty of residence. We are there the week of August 17-24.

The Orlando 2002 Accomodations Guide last page lists an add for special Florida rates - specify promo code MCC.
You do not need a coupon and the code expires 12/14/02.
Gave me a weekly rate of 120.00 before taxes for a compact car. Thats for the end of June beginning of July. Cheapest that I have found and its onsite at the airport.

Thanks ASC-

Did u use a code? Last night I tried it with FISH and got 195.00...with taxes....I will try again though and thanks!

anithumper.gif

I see why you got 164 now ASC, we will be having the car until 2 pm on the first because our flight out is at 4:30 pm, so we are being charged 25.00 extra for the extra time. Thanks for checking anyway!

anithumper.gif

hulabird -- Sorry I could not help you there. It is always those extra charges that get you...

The code you posted MCC, which reantal company is it for??

Where can I order The Orlando 2002 Accomodations Guide?

I tried the MCC rate and got a minivan for $209.99/week for December.

You won't need the guide to use the MCC code.
But if you go to www.orlandoinfo.com you can request an orlando magic card - get discounts at various hotels, restaruants...etc and they will also send you the guide. Takes a few weeks to get it.

April 2002, Dollar was $199.00 USF per week for a minivan. We rented it for 10 days, so paid 3 extra days on top of the $199.00 code from mousesavers.com.

I apologize, I meant to update this long before now! I switched our reservations several times and wanted to post the final rate I got.

I went with Dollar and got a final rate of 133.00 taxes included for an economy car using the code ENTERTAIN. This was in U.S. dollars but, way too good a price to pass up!

After all the limo service is only a little less than that and now we have a car for all seven days.

I hope someone else can use this code. I got it from these boards so you may have seen it already.

Happy planning to you all!

Rooth;)

Originally posted by RuthAnne123
I went with Dollar and got a final rate of 133.00 taxes included for an economy car using the code ENTERTAIN. This was in U.S. dollars but, way too good a price to pass up!

I tried the code and the base rate dropped from US$263 to US$180 for a 9 day rental. This is the best savings I have yet to find.

My question is: Do you know if a coupon is required for this code at the rental counter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter