Care and cleaning of DVC rooms...

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
Inspired by the trash in the hall thread...

What is expected of DVC members upon check out? I'm afraid that I probably didn't do things correctly on my first trip. I just assumed it was like a hotel & everything would be taken care of by staff after I left. (I ran the dishwasher & picked up some, but...) Is there a list of how to care for the rooms that I missed somewhere? Thanks!

Nothing is required, as to expected, I am sure you will get plenty of reponses on what a responsible DVC member should do.

We put the dirty towels in the tub. Load the dishwasher and turn it on and carry out the trash as we leave. We also call housekeeping and let them know that we are out of the room. None of this is required, but we don't spend much time doing this so we don't mind.

How many feel the need clean after they check in? :confused3

I've never felt that need. If I did, I would ask Disney to handle it since a clean room should be a given when checking in. No different from a hotel in that regard.

We do clean any dishes we've used. We do notify the front desk that we're gone so they can get housekeeping in there quickly (we leave early).

Other than that, we don't do much else other than leave some dough for housekeeping. :)

I've never felt that need. If I did, I would ask Disney to handle it since a clean room should be a given when checking in. No different from a hotel in that regard.

We do clean any dishes we've used. We do notify the front desk that we're gone so they can get housekeeping in there quickly (we leave early).

Other than that, we don't do much else other than leave some dough for housekeeping. :)

When you call the front desk you get the Disney Call Center, they might pass your message to housekeeping, however they might not.

Since you are nice enough to call, go ahead and call Housekeeping from the number on your room phone, that way you know they have been made aware.

Nothing is really required of members other than to check out on time.

But here is what we do. I strip the beds and fold the blankets and bedspread. Sheets in a pile on the bed. Towels in the tub. Garbage all gathered up to be disposed of. When we take the last load to the car, I call housekeeping to let them know the room is vacant and ready to be cleaned for the next guest.

I know that I always like to check into my room as early as possible, so I'm trying to help another guest get into the room as early as possible. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't.

We do the towels in the tub , Final load of dishes if in a big enough room ,Trash all together in one area, and then call Houskeeping as well. It really only takes a few seconds and helps me with my final sweep of the room looking for things we might have left.

We also check-out at the last minute as DD and I head to the parks or DTD while DW gets things done. When we return I take the bags to Bell services to hold for later and They go grab a bite to eat.Thats when I do my final sweep and make the call.

If we use the pull-out bed, I make sure to leave it open, so mousekeeping will know it's been used.

If we use the pull-out bed, I make sure to leave it open, so mousekeeping will know it's been used.

We do, too. Strip it and maybe just fold it once to get a little more room in the living room.

We do the towels in the tub, but never thought to strip the beds. I like that idea. We empty the fridge and cupboards of food items. We don't run the dishwasher, because we had heard that if Mousekeeping finds dishes in it, they can't assume the dishes are clean, and run it again.

. I call housekeeping to let them know the room is vacant and ready to be cleaned for the next guest.

I know that I always like to check into my room as early as possible, so I'm trying to help another guest get into the room as early as possible. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't.
I think that is something we should all make a habit of doing.

We try to leave the room tidy....

As previous posters have said we gather all dirty towels...
Gather all the trash....
Throw everything out...

I never strip the bed...good idea...
I do call housekeeping to let them know we are leaving:goodvibes
Kerri

When you call the front desk you get the Disney Call Center, they might pass your message to housekeeping, however they might not.

Since you are nice enough to call, go ahead and call Housekeeping from the number on your room phone, that way you know they have been made aware.

Sammie...actually I don't call the front desk. I stop by on my way out...that's what I meant when I said "notify". But it's a good idea to call housekeeping too, and I'll start doing that.

We do, too. Strip it and maybe just fold it once to get a little more room in the living room.

This is the ONE thing that I think DVC members SHOULD do. While the mousekeeping staff should change out the sheets on the pullout whether its been used or not, I have a feeling that with that couch all made up its really easy to overlook.

We stack the dishwasher and get it started. I don't strip the bed - we make the regularbeds (not well) because that is the way I make sure I'm not leaving a beloved stuffed animal in the bedspread.

Never thought about leaving the sofa bed unfolded. Great idea, thanks. We routinely use it but have always folded it back up...won't do that anymore since it makes sense to leave it open.
We do put all the towels in the tub, we have never had to run the dishwasher that morning, do it the night before usually if need be. Don't strip the beds, although that makes sense also. We do try to leave the area as tidy as we can...all rubbish taken care of, bathrooms cleaned out.

The only thing we do is load and run the dishwasher and empty the fridge. I'll start doing alot of the things mentioned on the next trip--- never thought of it (we've only taken one DVC trip so far).

We put all the towels in the tub, cleaned out the fridge, loaded and ran the dishwasher and put all the trash together.

Nothing is really required of members other than to check out on time.

But here is what we do. I strip the beds and fold the blankets and bedspread. Sheets in a pile on the bed. Towels in the tub. Garbage all gathered up to be disposed of. When we take the last load to the car, I call housekeeping to let them know the room is vacant and ready to be cleaned for the next guest.

We do exactly this same thing too! I don't necessarily fold the spreads though. Id o put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, I don't always run it though, because I'm never sure if they want to put ALL the dishes in there or not. If I do not run it, I leave a note to that effect.

We always, upon checkin, put any and all dishes and glasses and silverware in the dishwasher and run it just in case. I know it probably isn't necessary but my germ-a-phobic daughter insists.

Deb:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter