Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed in the pirate rooms last year. I honestly found it quicker to walk to the pool/food courts. It's about a 15 min Leisurely walk. We waited for the inner bus to come once, and it seemed to take twice as long to get there. Plus buses are a pain period when it comes to strollers period.

The pirate rooms were great, but next time we stay there, we would definately spend that extra cash on a closer room to the amenities instead.

The grape vine said CBR was to get Queen beds. Has this begun and if not what is the start date and completion date. What is the buildings done first?

The grape vine said CBR was to get Queen beds. Has this begun and if not what is the start date and completion date. What is the buildings done first?

It hasn't started yet. So far it's just a rumor but it seems likely that they'll go to queens to catch up to the other Mods.

It hasn't started yet. So far it's just a rumor but it seems likely that they'll go to queens to catch up to the other Mods.

I don't think I've posted this before now. About a week prior to when the 2013 packages became available for booking online, I called Disney Travel to ask when the rates would come out. During the course of the conversation, the castmember asked when our last trip to Disney was and when I said May, 2012 and that we had stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, she asked if I had stayed in one of the rooms with the new queen beds. I told her that I had not and had they already begun the changing of the beds. She said that she thought that they had. When I said maybe you're thinking of Port Orleans, she said no, she was talking about the Caribbean Beach Resort. But, when she looked at her "sheet" she didn't see anything about the CBR changing out the beds but she could have sworn she heard that they were doing it.

As we always say, take what castmembers say with a grain of salt. I'm holding out hope that they will eventually change over. While the double beds aren't that big of a deal to us, it would be nice to have a bigger bed.

Next time some of us are on the Disney site and the "do you want to chat?" box pops up, why don't we all ask and see what we are told.

Each village has it's own bus stop. Once you know your room location, you can look at the map and see which stop is closest to your room. :thumbsup2

You will love CBR - one of my favorite resorts at WDW!

So excited! Yes, each village has their own bus stop but will the bus then take you to the parks or will you have to transfer to a park bus instead of 'internal' bus?

I don't think I'm explaining myself well. Sorry.

So excited! Yes, each village has their own bus stop but will the bus then take you to the parks or will you have to transfer to a park bus instead of 'internal' bus?

The buses at each village will take you right to the parks! :thumbsup2 Each bus has a clear sign on it, telling you which park they will be going to next. You may have to stop at another busstop or 2 before actually leaving for the park, but no need to change bus.

Park buses and internal buses will come by to each village stop. It's kind of like standing at a city bus stop, you just wait for the right bus to come around for you destination. The internal may come but you don't have to take it, you can wait for the bus to MK to come. If you get on the internal bus it will take you on the route around the resort, if you get on the MK bus it will take you to MK, if you get on the Epcot bus it will take you to Epcot. Fortunately CBR doesn't share buses with other resorts so once you get on you are headed right to the park!

While we are on the topic of buses. I was wondering, do the buses always go the same direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) so that you know which buildings are next?:confused3

While we are on the topic of buses. I was wondering, do the buses always go the same direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) so that you know which buildings are next?:confused3

I'm not sure if they always go in the same direction (although they did for us in May - Jamaica was always the first stop coming back from the parks), but there's a recorded voice on the bus which will come on and tell you which bus stop is coming up. I think it gives you plenty of time to get yourself organized and ready to get off. :)

Also, sorry for my confusion in my prior post - as others have already stated, yes, you can catch the park busses at each village stop.

Yes, they do always go the same direction. It's Clockwise around the resort. However, their route will change depending on which entrance they use to get into CBR.

If the bus is coming in the main entrance, the order normally ends with Barbados and starts with Martanique. However, if they come in through the south entrance, then Jamaica will be the first stop.

This is one of the reasons I like staying in Jamaica or Aruba when I visit. On the way out, we are generally one of the last stops, on the way back from the parks, we are generally among the first stops.

They also make announcements at each stop and what the upcoming stop is, so it's pretty easy to know where you are at all times.

It's been about a month and a half since our WDW trip and I'm falling into post-Disney and CBR depression!

This was our first time at CBR and I really do miss lying out by the beach and getting up every morning to refill our mugs. :(

It's been about a month and a half since our WDW trip and I'm falling into post-Disney and CBR depression!

This was our first time at CBR and I really do miss lying out by the beach and getting up every morning to refill our mugs. :(

Me too! The only things that are keeping me sane are writing my trip report and knowing that I have our 9th CBR stay booked for May, 2013.

Me too! The only things that are keeping me sane are writing my trip report and knowing that I have our 9th CBR stay booked for May, 2013.

Your trip report is great I'm still keeping up on it :thumbsup2 I dont comment often though because it seems you have so many to reply back to :rotfl:

Your trip report is great I'm still keeping up on it :thumbsup2 I dont comment often though because it seems you have so many to reply back to :rotfl:

Oh I don't mind doing replies so feel free to post any time you like. I hope to get another installment posted this afternoon. Just gotta get the boss to leave early.;)

So I know the distance questions have been asked to death but no one has posted on here in a few days so I'll ask another one… how would you compare the distances from the islands to the distances at the value resorts? I figure trinadad south and Barbados would be significantly longer walks but how about from jamaica and Aruba? Would they comparable distance to the food court as say the 50s & 70s at the pop? Or are they farther like the 80s and 90s are?

Sorry if this has been covered, I haven't read the whole thread, but does anyone have any pictures or experience with how the cribs fit into the rooms? I was hoping one would fit between a bed and the wall. Also does one side move down, like a crib at home would? Thanks!

So I know the distance questions have been asked to death but no one has posted on here in a few days so I'll ask another one… how would you compare the distances from the islands to the distances at the value resorts? I figure trinadad south and Barbados would be significantly longer walks but how about from jamaica and Aruba? Would they comparable distance to the food court as say the 50s & 70s at the pop? Or are they farther like the 80s and 90s are?

I would say the closest rooms in Trinidad South are equal to the farthest rooms in 80s and 90s.

I would say Jamaica and Aruba are equal to the 50s and 70s.

Sorry if this has been covered, I haven't read the whole thread, but does anyone have any pictures or experience with how the cribs fit into the rooms? I was hoping one would fit between a bed and the wall. Also does one side move down, like a crib at home would? Thanks!

its been 6 years but when we were there in 2006 the pack n play fit in-between teh 2 beds

dansdad said:
I would say the closest rooms in Trinidad South are equal to the farthest rooms in 80s and 90s.

I would say Jamaica and Aruba are equal to the 50s and 70s.

Thanks! I can't figure it out if you tell me minutes or miles so that helps me think about it. I most likely upgrade to preferred rooms then.

So I just found some BEAUTIFUL pictures of the pool! And i noticed a sign that said the pool was open 24hrs.... Is this true? Will it be that way first week of December when I am there???? Oh how exciting, I hope so!!!
:cool1::thumbsup2:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter