Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
72 hours and we should be arriving at our first stay at CBR...I cant wait...

Especially for DS to try out the pool...

prob one time in his life where being short pays off...he is 6 but no where near 48" and he will love that splash are.

72 hours and we should be arriving at our first stay at CBR...I cant wait...

Especially for DS to try out the pool...

prob one time in his life where being short pays off...he is 6 but no where near 48" and he will love that splash are.

I kinda hope DS isn't past the 48" as well...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Koh1977 said:
I kinda hope DS isn't past the 48" as well...

FYI, after multiple stays I've only seen them measure and ask one kid to leave the area. And, I hate to say it, the kid deserved it. He was making it hard for the little ones to enjoy themselves by running by them, splashing them, and bumping into them.

I know I am asking this on the CBR thread so I'm sure you all are biased, but we are booked at AKL for the first week in August. DS6 just mentioned that he really wanted to stay in a pirate room so I am comparing the two to figure out which would be best for us. DD is 2 and will most likely be sleeping on a toddler inflatable mattress. Is there room for something like that?

I've stayed ay both. AKL is beautiful!!!!! No grounds like that anywhere. We like CBR also though. Staying there again in December. As far as room size goes AKL is not much bigger than CBR at all.

Looks like I belong in here now!:)
I just made the switch to CBR from POFQ for our August trip this morning.
While we liked the idea of staying at POFQ, 2 things made us change our mind. One is that the foodcourt menu wasn't quite what we were looking for. DD(16) is a vegetarian and there were only a few choices for her and only one that she would actually eat. The CBR menu was better for us. And two ..POOLS!!
POFQ only has the one, and the slide is small. My ds(9) will swim at least once a day in the main pool, and we always hop in the quiet pool before we go to bed for a few minutes. CBR just appealed to us way more with the gorgeous feature pool and all of the quiet pools.:goodvibes

We did end up booking a preferred room. It was worth it to me to be close to everything. Looking forward to it!

So we have a trip booked for November and we were originally supposed to be staying at POR with a garden view but it turns out that we can't stay there with our free dining PIN so the moved us to POFQ. I was excited to stay at POR but I can't get excited about FQ, even though I know there's access to POR as well.
We stayed at CBR in January and really, really loved it...we were in Martinique 26 and my kids loved the kiddie pool. I'm tempted to just go back to CBR instead of FQ because we really liked the resort but we still want to try something different. I'm thinking of staying in the pirate rooms...this will be a surprise trip for the kids anyway and they'll be 5 and 2 at the time so they'll love it. Just a few questions...
1. I've heard that the mattresses are shorter than the Nemo rooms to avoid the ship portion sticking out too much in the room. Can anyone confirm this? I'm 5'11 and DH is 6'3 so we can't really afford a shorter than usual mattress.
2. Does anyone know if the pirate rooms are blacked out of the free dining PIN in Nov? I think its the Disney visa card holder pin.

Thanks!!!!

So we have a trip booked for November and we were originally supposed to be staying at POR with a garden view but it turns out that we can't stay there with our free dining PIN so the moved us to POFQ. I was excited to stay at POR but I can't get excited about FQ, even though I know there's access to POR as well.
We stayed at CBR in January and really, really loved it...we were in Martinique 26 and my kids loved the kiddie pool. I'm tempted to just go back to CBR instead of FQ because we really liked the resort but we still want to try something different. I'm thinking of staying in the pirate rooms...this will be a surprise trip for the kids anyway and they'll be 5 and 2 at the time so they'll love it. Just a few questions...
1. I've heard that the mattresses are shorter than the Nemo rooms to avoid the ship portion sticking out too much in the room. Can anyone confirm this? I'm 5'11 and DH is 6'3 so we can't really afford a shorter than usual mattress.
2. Does anyone know if the pirate rooms are blacked out of the free dining PIN in Nov? I think its the Disney visa card holder pin.

Thanks!!!!

I can't speak to the bed issue because I haven't stayed there so hopefully someone else can help. But I know I just booked with a free dining pin today and the pirate rooms were coming up.:)

We arrived back home from Disney in the wee hours of Sunday, the 2nd, and we are suffering from serious Disney withdrawals already. :worried: We gave Port Orleans French Quarter a try for one night prior to our CBR package and I have to admit that we missed the CBR terribly. While the French Quarter was a lovely resort, it wasn't for us. We are from Louisiana and the theming of the FQ is that which we see every day which is what we were afraid of. At least now, we can say that we tried it.

As far as our CBR stay goes, we were extremely satisified with our stay. :love: There were baseball teams staying in Barbados and they were loud and, basically, took over the Barbados swimming pool and beach. However, after a few days, they were gone and all was right again with the world.

Like another poster, I did do some snooping around to spot those two "sample" or "mock" (for lack of better words) that are supposed to be in Jamaica but I never did see them. They were still working on parts of Jamaica and were washing the roofs in Aruba. To me, it looks like the yellow wasn't quite as bright as before. My husband said that he didn't really see any difference so maybe I was imagining things. :confused3

I will be writing a full review of our stay when I start my trip report. Hopefully, I'll get to work on that in the next day or so. It all depends on how busy I am at work.

For those of you traveling to Caribbean Beach in June, I picked up a copy of the June Recreation Activities flyer. I can't seem to get Photobucket to work for me right now. I'll try again tomorrow. If nothing else, I'll type out all of the details and post them here.

Welcome home Lisa!! So glad CBR was good to you guys again. We too have stayed at POR and POFQ and definitely prefer CBR over both of them. They are both nice resorts, but there's just something about CBR that says "home". I know you just got back, but looking forward to another awesome McBride trip report.:rotfl:

Good morning everyone! Just poking my head in over here to gather some info for someone.

Morning Venomhatch. Let us know if there's something specific you need to know.

Well even as a CM I haven't had time to venture over to that resort. Some questions were where the preferred rooms are typically located at? Since you know POR's ones were right by the main building. Another question was typically what are considered the best spots to try for when trying to get the best room so to speak with views, location, etc. Sort of like going to POR and requesting to be as close to South Depot as possible so then you have Main Food Court, amenities, and all the best location rooms in my opinion. I know they wanted to try for a beach view and be close to the main building and pool. They paid for a water view but would be willing to upgrade to a preferred if it would give them a better experience.

Would building 25 be a good call?

Well even as a CM I haven't had time to venture over to that resort. Some questions were where the preferred rooms are typically located at? Since you know POR's ones were right by the main building. Another question was typically what are considered the best spots to try for when trying to get the best room so to speak with views, location, etc. Sort of like going to POR and requesting to be as close to South Depot as possible so then you have Main Food Court, amenities, and all the best location rooms in my opinion. I know they wanted to try for a beach view and be close to the main building and pool. They paid for a water view but would be willing to upgrade to a preferred if it would give them a better experience.

Preferred rooms are in Martinique 24, 25, 26, Trinidad North 31, 32 and 33. Just like at POR, you can book preferred and request a water view or book water view and request preferred.

My opinion is that it is a waste of $$ to pay for a water view at any of the moderate resorts. With no balcony, in order to enjoy the view you will have the blinds wide open and with the outside corridors people can see in when walking by. Again, that's just our opinion on views at a moderate. Now when staying deluxe, we definitely will pay for a good view.

Having said all that, yes, Martinique 25 is a great location. One of the things we love about CBR is that every village, and OPR, has it's own bus stop. So you are never far from one. My suggestion to people is to book preferred and request a water view. Again, just like POR there really are no bad views with the lush landscaping. There are no direct parking lot views.

For those of you traveling to Caribbean Beach in June, I picked up a copy of the June Recreation Activities flyer. I can't seem to get Photobucket to work for me right now. I'll try again tomorrow. If nothing else, I'll type out all of the details and post them here.

We leave on Friday so I would love to hear the activities.

Glad you had a great stay...cant wait for our trip...

Preferred rooms are in Martinique 24, 25, 26, Trinidad North 31, 32 and 33. Just like at POR, you can book preferred and request a water view or book water view and request preferred.

My opinion is that it is a waste of $$ to pay for a water view at any of the moderate resorts. With no balcony, in order to enjoy the view you will have the blinds wide open and with the outside corridors people can see in when walking by. Again, that's just our opinion on views at a moderate. Now when staying deluxe, we definitely will pay for a good view.

Having said all that, yes, Martinique 25 is a great location. One of the things we love about CBR is that every village, and OPR, has it's own bus stop. So you are never far from one. My suggestion to people is to book preferred and request a water view. Again, just like POR there really are no bad views with the lush landscaping. There are no direct parking lot views.

We stayed at Martinique 25 and loved it...it was a really short walk to OPR, pools etc. We got on the bus really quickly.
We did book water view and while it was pretty, I agree that it wasn't worth the money because its not like you can really sit out there and enjoy it without the balcony. We saw more of the water on the walk to OPR.
We didn't ask for preferred but the CM saw my dad walking in with us (he recently had knee surgery) and pretty much took care of us. BTW, we drove from NY down and got there way earlier than expected...we got to CBR at 5 am! :crazy2: and they got us into our room and everything..just as an aside, the CMs there were wonderful!

Just checked into CBR!! We are in Martinique 21, second floor. Room was ready when we got here a little before 10, and we did not do online checkin (just fyi). Everything is clean and looks great! We have the new white bedspreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter