Caribbean Beach

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I think this is where my family and I are going to stay in August. Which building would be the best with a one year old? Also, does this resort have elevators or would we be better off on the ground floor? Is the ground floor safe? I'd feel safer on the 2nd floor. I have stayed at this resort before, but it was in 1992 and I really don't remember that much. Thank you for any tips and suggestions you may have that would make our trip as magical as possible!

Also, which buildings have been recently refurbished? Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!

Hi scanne, I was there this past May and it was wonderful. All the rooms have been refurbished. There are no elevators, and I had a ground floor room. I felt very safe. They just did the foodcourt over, so any improvement would be good. It was not my favorite place to eat, so hopefully it is nice now.

Martinique and Trinidad North are on each side of Old Port Royale and the main swimming pool. I stayed at Trinidad North. The grounds are beautiful with the beaches in each village.

I found this to be the most comfortable and sociable place for me as a solo traveler. I've stayed at AKL and POR solo. POR is another favorite, but I think you will enjoy CBR

Cassie,

Thanks for the info! Was your room in Trinidad North a non-smoking room??

Anne

I did have a smoking room....nasty habit that I had. But there are many non-smoking rooms.

We stayed at CBR last June. If you are looking for a non-smoking room, Martinique 25 is a great location to request....and it's a very short walk over to Old Port Royale.

Have fun! :D

How many floors is the average in a building? I didn't realize that there weren't any elevators at CBR. You have to travel up and down the stairs? Is your luggage delivered to your room and back out again, or do you have to carry it yourself?

All of the buildings at CBR are TWO floors :) Bell services will bring your luggage to your room for you. When you check in, they will direct you to Bell services and someone there will help you.

I LOVE this resort....I'm having withdrawals, I need to go back sometime SOON! :p

FYI...Trinidad North is a great location but it is a "smoking" building. Perfect location actually, but unless you smoke I wouldn't recommend it. People smoking outside their doors and in the middle courtyard. We stayed in this building and my girlfriend stayed next building over #31 I believe.

It is mentioned that people were smoking outside their doors and in the courtyard. Is that only allowed at that building or can anyone smoke outside their building. I understand not smoking inside but if someone wanted to smoke outside they can't?

Stayed there in May 2001 - I loved it. I want to stay here for the 4th of July this year. I liked Martinique. Had a first floor room, but that was fine. There was a very nice courtyard with a table and chairs just outside my door. The main pool is really popular with kids and the Martinique quiet pool was VERY quiet.

There are rules for not smoking in the room. No rules for smoking outside.

Thanks, but I have read that you just can't light up anywhere inside the parks, better that way anyway.

BarbaraMB, the parks have designated smoking areas. As a smoker, I have a time trying to find them. But I will not light up unless I find the place for it. I really get upset at the people that smoke at will. I feel most of them are foreigners. For a few years I spent my vacations in Germany and everyone over there were smokers.

I agree and only smoke in designated areas. I would feel really uncomfortable smoking on the outside of non smoking buildings, but I'm not sure if everyone is like that. That is why I asked for a smoking building...snds kinda funny huh? :confused: felt alot more comfy smoking outside my door in the smoking bldg. I could NEVER do that in non smoking bldg.

I just returned sunday from a 5 day stay. Thought the resort was very good. We were in Martinique 26 and had a view of the lake. The food was good, not great but good. The best deal was the egg sandwich for breakfast which can be shared by two. Over all I would gobackagain. However some of the rooms are a far way from the main pool and food court. Busses were frequent and it was nice tobe 5-10 minutes from MGM & Epcott. 15 minutes from MK

We just got back from CBR & had a great time. We have a 2 year old son. We were in a non-smoking building (#33) in Trinidad North - great location (close to quiet pool, bus stop & laundry). My notes show the smoking buildings as:

Martinique #21
Aruba #51
Trinidad North #31

We were on the 2nd floor and we did lug the stroller (and other baby gear) up & down the steps. It actually was not bad at all.

Our luggage was delivered by bell services. After we checked in they brought us to the room by mini-van

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter